Fenhorn

Re: In regards to the OGL

Tue 17 Jan 2023, 18:23

Thanks for enlightening the discussion. So, it means YZE dependency on OGL belongs to a shortcut made by FL. They must be regretting it !
They probably should have written a legal document (OGL) themselves in the first place, yes. On the other hand, they probably thought that the WotC OGL would stand forever (as it was intended).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Vile Traveller

Wed 18 Jan 2023, 12:51

Changing from WotC's licence to their own won't be a problem, and it gives them a chance to have a fully updated YZE SRD. It's the people with games integrating WotC's SRDs that have a headache (including me). I am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of Fria Ligan's new OGL and DBL (Dragonbane licence)!
https://dreamscapedesign.net/
Crafting the finest table top role-playing games for your discerning diversion

Le Noir Faineant

Fri 20 Jan 2023, 15:04

Hey, all!

Wasn't sure if it was appropriate to open a new thread with regards to the topic. - Will content from Symbaroum be part of any third-party license?
I understand it's possible to create fan material through the "Workshop". (Am I even telling the truth, here?) Will the game's content be available for less limited use now, as well?

Not that I'd have anything in particular in mind that I wanted to write right now, but my gaming group and I are a fairly creative lot, and we'd much prefer to have the option to use this system we actually play than some other one. The question came up after we agreed to play "Throne of Thorns" together, which is likely going to be meant to be a multi-year commitment for us. Looks like we'll be spending a looong time with the game. :)
Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Fri 20 Jan 2023, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
"Surtr moves from the south, with the scathe of branches:
There shines from his sword - the sun of Gods of the Slain."

Le Noir Faineant

Fri 20 Jan 2023, 15:05

Also - hi, Vile! Bluehome is awesome! :)
"Surtr moves from the south, with the scathe of branches:
There shines from his sword - the sun of Gods of the Slain."

Vile Traveller

Fri 20 Jan 2023, 16:37

Also - hi, Vile! Bluehome is awesome! :)
Hello! And stop it, I'm blushing. :oops:
https://dreamscapedesign.net/
Crafting the finest table top role-playing games for your discerning diversion