Nils
Site Admin
Topic Author

Dragonbane BETA v2 Adventure Book Feedback - Chapter 3 Outskirt

Thu 22 Dec 2022, 13:12

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in chapter 3 of the BETA PDF of the Adventure Book for Dragonbane. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • Please report your feedback no later than January 31.
Thank you!
Fria Ligan

Short Fey

Re: Dragonbane BETA v2 Adventure Book Feedback - Chapter 3 Outskirt

Wed 28 Dec 2022, 13:47

Page 22, on Alfilia Shadowleaf. She has the Double Slash Heroic Ability but she is armed with a Morningstar, which means she can't use it for that ability.
Beware the fey!

JohnWithAgun

Tue 24 Jan 2023, 10:46

page 27: Um-Durman.

The legendary sword breaks the core mechanic of banes/demon(edit) = bad.

I know its sorta late game / endgame item. But IMO it set a iffy precedence for whats to come/whats allowed.
is that intended?

anyone else have thoughts on this?
Last edited by JohnWithAgun on Tue 24 Jan 2023, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

Short Fey

Tue 24 Jan 2023, 11:22

The legendary sword breaks the core mechanic of banes/dragon = bad.

I know its sorta late game / endgame item. But IMO it set a iffy precedence for whats to come/whats allowed.
is that intended?

I mean it only works speciffically against demons and dragons (monsters the game makes a point that they are rare, if not mythical creatures) so it's not like your going to crit everything coming your way (stab a troll or a bandit and it's just a sword) Plus as said it is an end game item, one that the campaign is revolved around, so i think it should have a sweet effect. (If it is just "deal 1d6 extra damage/roll with a boon when attacking it don't feel as sweet)

I can agree that having a list of magical items of different rarity and what they can do could be useful so the gm has an idea what a "common" magical item should be compared to a legendary artifact.
Beware the fey!

JohnWithAgun

Tue 24 Jan 2023, 11:41

The legendary sword breaks the core mechanic of banes/dragon = bad.

is that intended?

I mean it only works speciffically against demons and dragons (monsters the game makes a point that they are rare, if not mythical creatures) so it's not like your going to crit everything coming your way (stab a troll or a bandit and it's just a sword) Plus as said it is an end game item, one that the campaign is revolved around, so i think it should have a sweet effect. (If it is just "deal 1d6 extra damage/roll with a boon when attacking it don't feel as sweet)

I can agree that having a list of magical items of different rarity and what they can do could be useful so the gm has an idea what a "common" magical item should be compared to a legendary artifact.
ohh snap, never-mind i read it wrong.
Swords hitting a demon or dragon, got that as when using this to attack both a 1(dragon) and 20(demon) counts as a 1(dragon)

EDIT: to be fair, it references "enchant weapon" spell which increase the "critical" range of weapons, making 2 to 4 dragon rolls, so this could be worded better.

JohnWithAgun

Tue 24 Jan 2023, 12:39

page 26: 10: The crypt of Um-Durman.

Magical trap:
says it cast lighting bolt at power level 2 (4 willpower points)
will continue til the trap is out of charge (10 willpower) so it will casts twice then sit idle with 2 willpower remaining?
shouldn't the charge be either 8 (2 casts) or 12 (3 casts).

Also instead of willpower charge and power level, wouldn't it be simpler just to state how many casts it has?