Nils
Site Admin
Topic Author

Dragonbane BETA v2 Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 6 Gear

Thu 22 Dec 2022, 13:07

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in chapter 6 of the BETA PDF of the Rulebook Dragonbane. Guidelines to remember:
  • Before reporting an error, please check and see if it already has been reported, and if so, don't report it again.
  • If you feedbacked on something in the the first version of the BETA but it's not changed in the version two of the BETA, it's not because we missed it - it's because we made a different assessment. (Typos are a different thing.)
  • Please report your feedback no later than January 31.
Thank you!
Fria Ligan

ShelleyRatter

Re: Dragonbane BETA v2 Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 6 Gear

Sat 24 Dec 2022, 16:13

musical instruments (page 75) refers to the 'music' ability. Which I think is called "musician" in the skill description

Ebrim

Sat 24 Dec 2022, 16:18

Backpacks could use up one of your three “at hand” slots to make them less of a non-choice. This would also be a convenient place on the character sheet to record them as they don’t use gear slots. This would make the backpack a more interesting choice with clear costs and benefits beyond the 3gp cost. (Effectively trading a weapon slot for two gear/treasure slots)

Rusty Haitch

Sun 25 Dec 2022, 02:31

Backpacks could use up one of your three “at hand” slots to make them less of a non-choice.
I don’t think I understand “non-choice” here? Backpacks seem to be an “always choose” option? I think two slots is too small however.

Rusty Haitch

Sun 25 Dec 2022, 02:34

Perhaps staves should also have the long quality? And they are clearly under-damaging! The rotational force generated by a staff is devastating!

Gaddeborg

Sun 25 Dec 2022, 13:30

Backpacks could use up one of your three “at hand” slots to make them less of a non-choice. This would also be a convenient place on the character sheet to record them as they don’t use gear slots. This would make the backpack a more interesting choice with clear costs and benefits beyond the 3gp cost. (Effectively trading a weapon slot for two gear/treasure slots)
+1!

RobJN

Sun 25 Dec 2022, 18:58

p. 78 "Torch"
While mention is made of using a torch as a weapon, nowhere in the book are stats given for doing such. One has to sift through the "Improvised weapon" cards to finally find either "Firewood" or "Torch" dealing 2d6 fire damage.

Speaking of which, "fire damage" is not described as a type of damage (only piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning), even though several creatures (the Salamander, ghosts, wights) are mentioned to either be immune to it, or only damaged by it.

ShelleyRatter

Mon 26 Dec 2022, 20:51

Page - 74, the weapons table. Under the column RANGE, several weapons just say STR? is that a mistake or is it range equal to your strength? I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere and that seems absurd.

hrvoje

Tue 27 Dec 2022, 23:12

Page 78, Tools table: Needle & Thread - Mends clothes with a BUSHCRAFT roll. It should be CRAFT roll.

scarvis

Wed 28 Dec 2022, 17:56

Hello! There are a couple of references to antidote (under the descriptions for sleeping and paralyzing poisons in the hazards section) but antidote isn’t an item that appears in the gear section (at least not with the medicine where I would expect it).

Thanks so much and keep up the great work!