Matt_B_76
Topic Author

Maps for the CMOM?

Sun 04 Dec 2022, 23:29

Hello all! I'm brand new to these boards, but I've been LOVING Free League games for the past couple of years now! So, I'm running the Alien RPG 'Frontier War' Campaign out of the CMOM and I was just wondering if there was a way to get maps to use over Discord/Zoom/that kind of thing?

I have the digital map from the CMOM pdf, but when I try and scan it or snip it or just cut and paste it....it always breaks it in half and leaves off the text. Not sure if this is because I have a Mac? Any help would be appreciated.....I'm just looking for easy ways to 'cut and paste' the awesome maps. Thanks and thanks again for the awesome games!

psullie

Re: Maps for the CMOM?

Sun 04 Dec 2022, 23:52

On the pdf, the map is on a different layer to the text which is why you lose the text when you copy them - I actually find this super useful when I want to keep the details hidden from the players.
If you really want the maps with text the best way is to take a screen shot - cmd+shift+4 on the Mac the click and drag the crosshairs. To get a reasonably crisp image you should zoom in and snap overlapping tiles which you jigsaw together... not ideal but it works

Matt_B_76
Topic Author

Re: Maps for the CMOM?

Mon 05 Dec 2022, 06:04

Thanks, I'll remember that!