mselberg

Re: Dragonbane BETA Rulebook Feedback - Chapter 4 Combat & Damage

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 08:53

Page 46 - PARRYING

Can you parry when prone?
It is specified under DODGING that you can dodge when prone but not under PARRYING.

mselberg

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 09:13

Page 50 - ARMOR - Helmets

Helmets can also give you a bane when using certain skills.
Nowhere can I find anything about helmets giving a bane. Not under skills or abilities.

Fenhorn

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 09:17

Nowhere can I find anything about helmets giving a bane. Not under skills or abilities.
But in the armor & helmet table on p.73.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

mselberg

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 09:28

Page 49 - RANGED COMBAT - Range
Range: The weapon tables on pages 74–75 specify the range of various weapons – that is, the maximum distance (in meters) at which the weapon can be used effectively.
You can fire at targets up to twice the normal range, but then you get a bane.
So maximum distance is not maximum distance? Do you refer to maximum distance when you write "twice the normal range" or is the range stats in the ranged weapons table the maximum distance and should be halved to get normal range?

mselberg

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 09:31

But in the armor & helmet table on p.73.
Thanks! Did not notice that on my first readthrough. Maybe an reference to the table in the text?

mselberg

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 09:45

Page 50 - PERMANENT INJURIES

Can you push the CON roll?

Fenhorn

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 10:29

Page 50 - PERMANENT INJURIES

Can you push the CON roll?

p.34
If you fail a skill or attribute roll, you can choose to push the roll <>
Constitution is an attribute so as long as you meet the rest of the requirements for a push, yes.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Sgirra

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 10:32

Darkness and Ranged Combat

p. 44
"Dark: Imposes a bane on all ranged attacks."

p. 52
"In complete darkness, you cannot [...] hit enemies with ranged attacks."
(Here is also a comma missing after "darkness", which I added in red to the quote.)

I guess that there might be a difference between a dark terrain and complete darkness, but it reads contradicting with the current wording.

First Age

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 15:51

P.46 DURABILITY
The Beta now says that a weapon which parries but has its Durability exceeded is not usable until fixed by an artisan. In the Quickstart it said that the weapon could continue to be used but with a Bane. House ruling encouraged and all, but I prefer the Quickstart. Alternatively, reduce the Durability by 1, though I appreciate this just gives you something else to track.
First Age
https://fae.ttrpg.uk

Kaybe

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 18:39

Page 42 - Actions:
- Take Cover: what happens if said cover is within your standard movement range for your turn? Do you still need to use an action or is that simply part of your movement? In other words, can you attack and then move into cover for free if said cover is nearby? Honestly, I would entirely remove the Take Cover part from the Actions section since you can already move and drop prone for free on your turn unless you used a reaction.
- Equip/Unequip Armor/Helmet: Can you equip/unequip BOTH armor and helmet with the same action, or only one of the two?
- There doesn't seem to be an action specifically for safely disengaging from an opponent without a mobility roll. This is fine if the omission is intentional. Just wanted to check if it was indeed intentional.

Page 43 - Free Actions and Movement says that dropping prone and standing up are free. Can you do both or just one of them for free each turn? The way it reads, using the word 'or', it seems to imply only one is allowed.

Page 43 - Sneak Attack and Ambush: Are all sneak attacks melee only? What about ambushes?

Page 45 - Grip: What happens if you have to remove one hand from a two handed weapon for a moment, for example to open a door? Also, drawing a weapon at hand is free. What about sheathing it? Is that also free? Can you both draw and sheath for free on the same turn?

Page 46 - Durability: If you successfully parry using a shield, does it also suffer durability loss from a non-piercing attack? Or is durability loss for weapons only?

Page 50 - Armor Rating: There's a line saying that if damage from melee attack is completely negated, the weapon suffers the damage instead??? Pretty sure this isn't right and was accidentally copied from the parrying rules. If attack hits the armor, it's because it didn't hit the weapon, no?

Page 51-52: You can only heal HP and WP on a stretch rest once per day, but it doesn't mention conditions. Conditions section says you heal one condition on a stretch rest. Does this mean you can heal one additional condition per consecutive stretch spent resting?