Magnimost
Topic Author

[Moved] Do androids get talents?

Fri 11 Nov 2022, 12:45

Rules don't say anything about that AFAICT, but (minor Chariot of the Gods spoiler) the android doesn't have a Talent while other pregens do.

MutantFromMars

Re: Do androids get talents?

Sat 12 Nov 2022, 14:11

Yep, they're the same as any other player character, they just use the additional rules on p.29 of the Core. Not sure what you mean about Chariot Of The Gods, unless I'm misremembering, re-read the bit with the Agendas....if you need more, drop a post in the GM Section, we do spoilers there... :D

Magnimost
Topic Author

Sat 12 Nov 2022, 21:47

Yep, they're the same as any other player character, they just use the additional rules on p.29 of the Core. Not sure what you mean about Chariot Of The Gods, unless I'm misremembering, re-read the bit with the Agendas....if you need more, drop a post in the GM Section, we do spoilers there... :D
OK, thanks. The android in the aforementioned scenario doesn't have a Talent, so thought that maybe androids don't get them at all.

Angelman

Sat 12 Nov 2022, 23:11

This question is in the wrong section as, to answer it one needs to get into spoiler territory. So... @Fenhorn, perhaps you could move this to the GM section? :)
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Fenhorn

Sat 12 Nov 2022, 23:19

Moderator Action: Moved the thread to the GM Only section just in case some of the answers may contain spoilers.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Angelman

Re: [Moved] Do androids get talents?

Sun 13 Nov 2022, 00:29

Thank you, Fenhorn :)

To answer the question re the synthetic in CotG; two posibilities:
a) If you are talking about Lucas, that's a character upgrade that turns a regular human player character into a secret synthetic. They retain the Skills, Talents, and Characteristics of the human character and adds to that the synthetics rules stuff.
b) But if, on the other hand, you're talking about Ava 6, then, for whatever reason that NPC does not have Talents. There are a couple of NPCs in the game that doesn't come with Talents, for whatever reason, and Ava 6 is one of them.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

Magnimost
Topic Author

Re: [Moved] Do androids get talents?

Sun 13 Nov 2022, 14:33

Thank you, Fenhorn :)

To answer the question re the synthetic in CotG; two posibilities:
a) If you are talking about Lucas, that's a character upgrade that turns a regular human player character into a secret synthetic. They retain the Skills, Talents, and Characteristics of the human character and adds to that the synthetics rules stuff.
b) But if, on the other hand, you're talking about Ava 6, then, for whatever reason that NPC does not have Talents. There are a couple of NPCs in the game that doesn't come with Talents, for whatever reason, and Ava 6 is one of them.
Yes, I was talking of Ava, who doesn't have a Talent.