Dalauppror
Topic Author

Shoot in to close combat?

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 13:42

How do i handle If a mini want to shoot at an enemy mini locked in close combat with a nother mini?

Might already be mentioned in the rules but i cant find anything cleare about it.

Deep_Impact

Re: Shoot in to close combat?

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 15:25

There is no minimum range for ranged weapons.

Unsure if you could Charge with a ranged weapon. The action says "rush into close combat", which could be ranged weapon. The bonus section says "+1 for charging (only melee)"

I see no reason why you should be able to fire a pistol in close combat. A flame thrower might be a little more tricky, but better keep it simple. As a houserule I could imagine, that you could only attack the connected model and not being in touch with one, but attack one on the other side of the table.

Dalauppror
Topic Author

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 16:27

I think you missunderstod my question, sorry for poor english.

You are not allowed to use shooting weapons in closecombat page 8

”A ranged weapon may not be used in a melee attack. To use it, the model must first disengage (move away from the enemy, if even just a little bit), which triggers an immediate free melee attack from the enemy.”

My question was If you can shot at 2 minis that are already locked in close combat? Or is that forbidden or can you do it and you randomiserad who you hit?

Damian

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 20:12

There is no minimum range for ranged weapons.

Unsure if you could Charge with a ranged weapon. The action says "rush into close combat", which could be ranged weapon. The bonus section says "+1 for charging (only melee)"

I see no reason why you should be able to fire a pistol in close combat. A flame thrower might be a little more tricky, but better keep it simple. As a houserule I could imagine, that you could only attack the connected model and not being in touch with one, but attack one on the other side of the table.
You can't use ranged weapons in close combat. If you have no melee artifact you can always use improvised attack ehich give you none of the gear bonuses.

Deep_Impact

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 20:34

I know :) (now)

Dalauppror
Topic Author

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 20:56

My question was If you can shot at 2 minis that are already locked in close combat? Or is that forbidden or can you do it and you randomiserad who you hit?

Damian

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 22:03

You are free to shoot at enemy models locked in combat as soon as you have a clear line of sight. If the target model is partially obscured by another model (friendly/enemy) line of sight is blocked and a different target must be chosen.

Which gives you a tactical option to attack the model in the back arch of 180° which not only will give you +1 to attack but also can be useful if in this way the model will obscure the line of sight to your model.

Dalauppror
Topic Author

Tue 08 Nov 2022, 22:21

Appreciated! Was as i Also internet it but wasn’t sure.

Deep_Impact

Wed 09 Nov 2022, 08:26

Ah, yes True Line of Sight, I forgot, realistic but always problematic if shooting from covering walls, obstacles or the like.
And small, sleak or croaching miniatures are in favour.