Pyreeds
Topic Author

Games Running - Trying to Learn to LM

Thu 03 Nov 2022, 02:03

Hello! Anyone running any games in Discord (I'm United States, EST)? I've read through the rules but would like to see them in operation to get a better feel.

Harlath

Re: Games Running - Trying to Learn to LM

Thu 03 Nov 2022, 12:32

Are you looking for play by post or videos? If you're after videos then the Waking of Angmar videos are a good way to learn, particularly once that group gets a few episodes in and gets more familiar with the rules. :)

If it is play by post I could see if I can extract some chat logs from discord for you to read. :)

Pyreeds
Topic Author

Thu 03 Nov 2022, 19:13

Appreciate the response. Are there any active games where I can join?

Harlath

Fri 04 Nov 2022, 16:22

Try https://discord.me/theonering and the "finding games" channel for a mix of voice/video/play by post games. :)

Pyreeds
Topic Author

Fri 04 Nov 2022, 21:09

Try https://discord.me/theonering and the "finding games" channel for a mix of voice/video/play by post games. :)
Great - thank you! Joined and seeing what's out there.

Galahad64

Thu 04 Jan 2024, 04:01

Hi, I have a similar question, but relating to running LotR RPG, 5E. The only Video I can find of someone playing is the "Lord of The Rings: Lost Odyssey", and that kind of closes over a lot of the rules. I want to see how the different Lore Masters include the Journey Mechanics or the rules for Shadow points, that sort of thing. Does anyone know of any videos that show or at least demo some real game play?

The Rebel GM

Tue 05 Mar 2024, 22:13

Hi, I have a similar question, but relating to running LotR RPG, 5E. The only Video I can find of someone playing is the "Lord of The Rings: Lost Odyssey", and that kind of closes over a lot of the rules. I want to see how the different Lore Masters include the Journey Mechanics or the rules for Shadow points, that sort of thing. Does anyone know of any videos that show or at least demo some real game play?
Yes! Team Zoom Zoom are running a 5e campaign of The Lord of The Rings Roleplaying, it's ongoing and developing so should be perfect for you.