gyrovague
Topic Author

Moria?

Wed 02 Nov 2022, 05:21

If one includes C7's Moria announcement from years ago, this has been one helluva wait.

C'mon Gareth, show us the goods!

Otaku-sempai

Re: Moria?

Wed 02 Nov 2022, 15:42

Yeah, some sort of update would be nice, if only a confirmation that this is still in the pipeline. I'd also like to know if Free League is continuing the original Cubicle 7 plan to produce a supplement that is compatible both with The One Ring and the 5E conversion?
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Wed 02 Nov 2022, 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
#FideltyToTolkien

Dunheved

Wed 02 Nov 2022, 16:00

If one includes C7's Moria announcement from years ago, this has been one helluva wait.
To borrow* part of a phrase "'L' Shana Haba'ah B' Moria?

* Wikipedia actually. I am woefully ignorant of many matters, this included. And would offer apologies if I inadvertently misuse or offend.

gyrovague
Topic Author

Thu 03 Nov 2022, 01:14

To borrow* part of a phrase "'L' Shana Haba'ah B' Moria?

Excuse me?!?! My mule is NOT that kind of a mule.

Weirdo.

Falenthal

Fri 04 Nov 2022, 18:12

While reading through Ruins of the Lost Realm, also written by Gareth, I noticed this paragraph (p.49):
The Dwarves won the Battle of Dimrill Dale, but did
not enter Moria, and young Dáin Ironfoot — now King Under
the Mountain — famously said that the world must change
before Durin’s Folk walk again in Moria, and forbade his followers
from returning there.
And, shortly following:
Just because Durin’s folk are not trying to return to Khazad-dûm,
that doesn’t mean that another line of the Dwarves
cannot reign there…
Could this be the triggering point of the Moria campaign? A group of Dwarves not of Durin's clan could have headed to Moria before Balin, and feel no need to inform Dáin Ironfoot of their endeavour. And, not being so rich and prosperous as the dwarves of Durin's Folk, they might have been more open to enlist other cultures and races under their ranks.

gyrovague
Topic Author

Fri 04 Nov 2022, 23:53

While reading through Ruins of the Lost Realm, also written by Gareth, I noticed this paragraph (p.49):
The Dwarves won the Battle of Dimrill Dale, but did
not enter Moria, and young Dáin Ironfoot — now King Under
the Mountain — famously said that the world must change
before Durin’s Folk walk again in Moria, and forbade his followers
from returning there.
And, shortly following:
Just because Durin’s folk are not trying to return to Khazad-dûm,
that doesn’t mean that another line of the Dwarves
cannot reign there…
Could this be the triggering point of the Moria campaign? A group of Dwarves not of Durin's clan could have headed to Moria before Balin, and feel no need to inform Dáin Ironfoot of their endeavour. And, not being so rich and prosperous as the dwarves of Durin's Folk, they might have been more open to enlist other cultures and races under their ranks.
Ooh…good clues! And intriguing plot line.

If I’m a player in that game I am totally gonna tell the Balrog how to find Balin & Co.

“…and also keep an eye out for nine do-gooders coming in from the West gate.”

timbolton

Sun 06 Nov 2022, 11:20

I've just been trying to find any recent interviews on the future of the One Ring line now we have Ruins of the Lost Realm available to non-KS backers.
Not had much success yet but I have come across a YT channel "Really Dicey" (I have watched his vids before - very good) who has interviewed Francesco a few times, most recently here where he talks "What is next" at about 28 mins in - just covers the 5e adaption and Ruins to be honest.

But earlier this year he did another video with Francesco, here, where at about 19 mins in he discusses "The Future of the One Ring". Now this was way before the Ruins general release, and Francesco is obviously (and rightly) concerned about not stepping on his publisher's toes of announcing anything prior to them, but he does mention Moria.

As for how we get into Moria, I had some thoughts posted ages ago on here, on this thread.

One random thought, we do tend to get releases across various games (by different Middle-earth Enterprises licensees) that are linked. I don't think there is any "conspiracy" going on as such, but for example Free League's general release of "The One Ring RPG: Ruins of the Lost Realm" (with a focus on Tharbad) will land about the same time Standing Stones Games' Lord of the Rings Online goes to Swanfleet and Cardolan - with a focus on Tharbad.

Next year we'll get Free Range Games' PC game - "The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria"

I always find it a funny coincidence :)
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."

Harlath

Mon 07 Nov 2022, 11:34

I've just been trying to find any recent interviews on the future of the One Ring line now we have Ruins of the Lost Realm available to non-KS backers.
Not had much success yet but I have come across a YT channel "Really Dicey" (I have watched his vids before - very good) who has interviewed Francesco a few times, most recently here where he talks "What is next" at about 28 mins in - just covers the 5e adaption and Ruins to be honest.
An adventure book with classic adventures (rather than more of a sandbox focus) is likely to be the next release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-y0Dm2iz0s

Source: recent Fria Ligan update linked above.

Hope this helps! :)

gyrovague
Topic Author

Mon 07 Nov 2022, 16:24

Next year we'll get Free Range Games' PC game - "The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria"

Gotta admit that Moria would be a great 4th Age adventure.

timbolton

Mon 07 Nov 2022, 19:15

An adventure book with classic adventures (rather than more of a sandbox focus) is likely to be the next release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-y0Dm2iz0s

Source: recent Fria Ligan update linked above.

Hope this helps! :)
Thank you! I had missed that update though I had heard somewhere a more "classic" adventure book was on the way. They also mention other things are in the works, but no details.
"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass."