Vile Traveller
Topic Author

Third Party Content

Sat 22 Oct 2022, 16:18

We plan a very open license for third party content for modules for Drakar och Demoner. Basically, if you follow a few simple rules, you will be able to create and sell any module you like in English or Swedish with no royalties, as long as it requires the core game to use. A special logo will be provided to mark compatibility with Drakar och Demoner. More details about the third party license will be provided closer to the release of the game.

Quoted for convenience, and posted as a place holder until we get "closer to the release of the game".

I do have one question now: what is the meaning of "modules" - are we talking about any modular publication (adventures, settings, supplementary rules), or "modules" in the old D&D sense meaning just adventures?
https://dreamscapedesign.net/
Crafting the finest table top role-playing games for your discerning diversion

Kaybe

Re: Third Party Content

Sun 06 Nov 2022, 07:34

Assuming it follows the same kind of "ogl" as the Year Zero games, it pretty much means do absolutely anything with it other than create your own core rulebook using the same rules and pretend you came up with it on your own.

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 30 Nov 2022, 20:22

We will clarify the third-party license rules soon, we are looking at this now. :)
Fria Ligan

Vile Traveller
Topic Author

Thu 01 Dec 2022, 16:22

We will clarify the third-party license rules soon, we are looking at this now. :)
Looking forward to this! :mrgreen:

Jakob

Fri 16 Dec 2022, 18:55

Is there any information yet about whether 3rd party content will have to be published through a Community Content Program? I'm starting to work on some stuff based on the Beta, and that would be really good to know.

Vile Traveller
Topic Author

Sun 08 Jan 2023, 16:07

This might be a good time for Fria Ligans to have a look at the irrevocability and termination clauses for their 3PP licences.

Midnightplat

Sun 08 Jan 2023, 21:38

This might be a good time for Fria Ligans to have a look at the irrevocability and termination clauses for their 3PP licences.
If you poke around their OGL and Community Content sub forums, I think it shows they started doing that a few days ago. I think recent events have got a bunch of game publishers wishing to encourage 3rd party developers are reviewing their license terms.

Vile Traveller
Topic Author

Sun 08 Jan 2023, 22:55

If you poke around their OGL and Community Content sub forums, I think it shows they started doing that a few days ago. I think recent events have got a bunch of game publishers wishing to encourage 3rd party developers are reviewing their license terms.
Good news. I tend to forget about the other sub forums with all the excitement in here!

kjetilkverndokken

Sun 08 Jan 2023, 23:57

Yeah, really waiting for this - and hope settings will be part of it ^_^

Midnightplat

Mon 09 Jan 2023, 03:55

I think there might be more of a wait and see. Some things are still technically "rumor/unofficial" in the TTRPG landscape, maybe that gets clarified this week. Maybe it doesn't. Clearly FL and other publishers have expressed a clear desire for community content arrangements and 3rd party licenses that work in the best interests of creators. What's going on now outside of FL is a potential "industry impact" event, so with FL looking to create the best long term future, "right now" may not be in the cards for clarification and answers. I totally understand active and some aspiring creators finding stuff frustrating right now, but I'd sure rather be told "this is the way going forward" once rather than being told something in short order and then have that reality be retracted and revised a half dozen times while things truly sort out.