Grispers

Re: Blade Runner Cases and Replicants

Fri 02 Feb 2024, 01:03

An official response would indeed be welcome :)

However, in the short film "Blade runner 2036", Niander Wallace comes to convince the judges to lift prohibition accompanied by a Nexus8, which he proves executes even his most extreme orders without question. Perhaps we can deduce from this that N-8s will no longer be killed on sight, unless they refuse to be arrested for reconditioning or are guilty of crimes. After all, they may still be of some use to society…

Cpt. Caveman

Fri 02 Feb 2024, 16:31

An official response would indeed be welcome :)

However, in the short film "Blade runner 2036", Niander Wallace comes to convince the judges to lift prohibition accompanied by a Nexus8, which he proves executes even his most extreme orders without question. Perhaps we can deduce from this that N-8s will no longer be killed on sight, unless they refuse to be arrested for reconditioning or are guilty of crimes. After all, they may still be of some use to society…
Many thanks for your opinion :) I didn't have the opportunity to watch that scene, but I am going to catch up soon. Anyway, I actually heard about that particular scene some time ago and I Always thought that Niander was accompanied by a N9 replicant, in order to prove that the latest generation is safe and fully obedient, no matter the consequences. A perfect slave, so to speak.

ExileInParadise

Fri 02 Feb 2024, 17:54

It's really up to you.

In 2019 - retire on sight "because you're gonna spot em and air 'em out"

By 2049, retire on sight is not used.
KD6-3.7 tells Sapper "if taking you in is an option, that's preferable to the alternative" and then he lays his firearm on the table.

So, in between in 2036 ... well ... the Blackout is still fresher so maybe some zealous officers lean toward retire on site.

Maybe some don't "have you ever retired a human by mistake?"

Personally, I'd leave it to the officer's discretion depending on the case.

It's hard to interrogate them after they are retired ...
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad