GuildAstrogator
Topic Author

Olenya Bay

Wed 19 Oct 2022, 14:42

Hi there -- I really like the "Olenya Bay" scenario from Effekt Podcast (https://youtu.be/4OF5M_DQfgU) and decided to run it for my Halloween session with my group (under the title "Deliverance"). After not finding any resources online, I went ahead and reverse engineered/customized the scenario using DungeonDraft and a ton of Photoshop. None of the material is owned by me since I scavenged online and recomposited (obvs the maps are originally Effekt Dave's, I just redid them in the Alien-style).

If anyone is interested in using the maps and what not, here's a link:

https://www.deviantart.com/mindcrime202 ... bay-module

Chris
Last edited by GuildAstrogator on Mon 31 Oct 2022, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

GuildAstrogator
Topic Author

Re: Olenya Bay

Tue 25 Oct 2022, 13:51

My players lost their shit when they finally discovered a motion tracker in the leftover UA CM equipment on the Operations Deck (along with 2 really emaciated soldier-survivors who don't speak Ruskorese) and turned it on. I shared the Motion Tracker module and their jaws dropped. I had placed a bunch of small ineffectual mobs called "flying shrimp" all over the map (they nest in the beams and rafters and are basically like rats, getting into everything). They had run into a few earlier on lower decks but when they discovered the alien egg in the equipment shed then turned on their MT, they were suddenly "oh hell, we don't know what those blips are now!" There are also 2 hidden facehuggers in the equipment shed who weren't moving, thus didn't register on the MT. We ended the session there, to be picked up next week. So obvs the facehuggers are gonna attack. Also, they're facehugger-flying shrimp hybrids, so they'll have weird little bat wings and fly at the PCs.

(I didn't use the more Aliens-style MT because it doesn't look very good in foundry; the green alternate shown in the screen cap linked above is better.)

Chris