RedOneAlpha
Topic Author

VTT Modules updates

Tue 11 Oct 2022, 13:24

Hi,

I recently purchased five Foundry VTT modules and found out that four of them are not up to date with the latest stable release of Foundry VTT (v10xx). I understand that with software and having to rely on core app updates makes things more complicated to fulfill updates on modules, but It would be a good practice to AT LEAST state what version the purchased VTT module state Is at on the product page so a customer can again, at least now what to expect from the product he/she Is buying.

I would even go as far as giving a small explanation as to what Issues one could come across when buying a outdated VTT module In the product page.

Takaichi

Re: VTT Modules updates

Tue 11 Oct 2022, 14:09

Hello, Martin from Free League here.

Just wanted to quickly inform that versioning for Foundry is in the works and should be up and running very soon. That means we'll have several versions available for each module, not just the latest one, and should alleviate some of these problem. But we will also have a look at putting the current compatible version on the store page.

Large updates like the one from v9 to v10 are always a little tricky, but we're aiming to improve our process.
Fria Ligan

RedOneAlpha
Topic Author

Re: VTT Modules updates

Thu 13 Oct 2022, 01:00

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your prompt reply and attention. Yes It would be nice to let new buyers know what version modules there buying so no one gets frustrated not being able to use there recently purchased product.

Again, thank you.

Cheers