Underwms
Topic Author

Anybody else still waiting for their email

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 14:53

I’m a patient man, but is anybody else still waiting for the pdf link from doing the preorder?

jonathanpay

Re: Anybody else still waiting for their email

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 16:09

There is no automated, transactional way for Free League to dish out DriveThruRPG codes to those who pre-order and so they some lovely person going through lots of data entry in order to get from the Free League store (Shopify, IIRC) and batch into a spreadsheet to feed into DriveThruRPG (I imagine) that then sends out the email for the PDF. By this point in their business, if they could they would, you know?
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.

Adamsc

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 18:40

Yes, best advice is to contact support

bbarlow.glamdring

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 19:31

I reached out to support last night. No response yet. Still waiting. I preordered the bundle the minute to announcement email arrived.

bbarlow.glamdring

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 19:46

I reached out to support last night. No response yet. Still waiting. I preordered the bundle the minute to announcement email arrived.
Just reached out again to support and received an immediate response. Also added to the nightly queue to receive.

Adamsc

Sat 01 Oct 2022, 00:35

I got mine and so far it great. Looking forward to the print version as well.

LoreMaster

Sat 01 Oct 2022, 16:35

Yes, best advice is to contact support
I contacted support close to 40 hours ago. Why do they advertise it as “immediate”? Who is doing their computer programming, some old boomer?

It’s 2022 and they seriously can’t automate pdf to be emailed upon purchase?

I wish they had at least said something like “access within the next several days, whenever we get our shit together” instead of “immediate access”.
Cubicle 7 was an incessant debacle of disappointment, unreleased products and copy editing errors. Things aren’t looking great so far for Fria Ligan if this is how they introduce themselves to AiME fans.

jonathanpay

Thu 06 Oct 2022, 18:03

So, I stand corrected, and happy to be so. There is an automation involved, however there was a couple of sequential mixups with the codes (for Urban Operations, nothing was said for any delays with LOTR 5e). This was shared by Tomas during the FL Update on YT just now.
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.