Higgipedia

Re: Converting T2K4E to Modern Mercenary Game

Sat 29 Oct 2022, 04:24

Thanks again for more information, I sometimes forget about things easily and more modern items seem to be most of them. As far as electronic warfare, could you give me some more information as to what exactly that would entail?
EW is basically attempting to deny the enemy the use of the electromagnetic spectrum and keep friendly use open. It's detecting/attacking radar and radio capabilities and protecting your own capabilities.
DENNIS HIGGINS
Check out the Black Sheep War Journal in the Free League Workshop!

aramis

Re: Converting T2K4E to Modern Mercenary Game

Sun 30 Oct 2022, 14:31

Thanks again for more information, I sometimes forget about things easily and more modern items seem to be most of them. As far as electronic warfare, could you give me some more information as to what exactly that would entail?
EW, specifically ECM and ECCM...
  • ECM= Electronic Counter Measures
    • SIgnal jammers - fequency specific and broad spectrum. The simplest is an AC generating circuit, a directional horn, and a spark plug... Better ones are able to block specific frequencies.
    • Digital Encryption
    • directional antennae
  • ECCM = Electronic Counter Counter Measures
    • Differential antennae - adjusting so that the jammer is in counterphase but the desired signal isn't
    • Digital signal analysis - using rapid math to find the signal within the jammed noise.
    • directional reception antennae
    • decryption processors
  • SI = SigInt = Signals Intelligence
    • Wiretaps
    • Decryption techniques (Woot! Beowulf Clusters and leveraged formats!
Basically, ECM is "jamming" - making it hard to hear, due to dual phase signal cross-cancellation.
ECCM, sometimes called "clearing" is figuring out the enemy ECM then subtracting their signal from the combined one, to cancel it out anf reveal the remaining message.
And SigInt is what ECM is supposed to prevent.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...