LordBorak13
Topic Author

Alien: Evac Scenario Write Up

Fri 16 Sep 2022, 22:20

Is Evac from Inferno's Fall available anywhere other than directly from the novel itself? I was hoping to have either a physical packet or PDF so that I can run it without have to flip through the novel when we play. Thanks!

Fenhorn

Re: Alien: Evac Scenario Write Up

Fri 16 Sep 2022, 22:46

I have never seen it somewhere but you can ask FL by using their contact form.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Midnightplat

Sat 17 Sep 2022, 07:46

The whole point of those scenarios is the cross marketing. Free League Alien players buy novels from Titan, Titan books readers may get curious about the TTRPG. Given that brand synergy, I don't see the Titan book scenarios showing up in another format other than the novels for which they were written to boost sales any time soon.

It's possible the scenarios could come to be in another format when the Titan books lose currency (I don't know a lot of specific's about publishing, but I know books have a lifecycle where titles eventually end up on a backlist, and that timeline seems faster these days). You may want to look at the copyright page to see what if any rights are noted to belong to Free League. It's entirely possible Titan "owns" the scanario so Free League can't really do anything with it. I haven't checked out any of the books yet myself, but have been curious. But yeah, these are the first Alien RPG materials without other available formats.

Does Titan put out an eBook version?

Also out of curiosity, it looks like these releases have audiobook format, curious if the scenario gets a narrator too.

Gebohq

Sat 17 Sep 2022, 20:52

There is an ebook version of Inferno's Fall, which is what I ended up getting. I'm not a fan of requiring buying one product to get another, and in this case, since common reviews were not terrible for it (unlike Colony War), I figured the ebook price was just me going to pay a high price for the scenario. I'd much prefer paying half the price for the scenario alone even after reading Inferno's Fall, thinking I'd need some information from it to run the scenario, but it is what it is. Now if they got more authors like Alan Dean Foster and William Gibson to write the books, I'd happily pay double, but that is unlikely going to happen.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net

sergio.pasqualino

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 17:46

Is Evac from Inferno's Fall available anywhere other than directly from the novel itself? I was hoping to have either a physical packet or PDF so that I can run it without have to flip through the novel when we play. Thanks!
I'm running Evac in the next few week at a convention her in Italy and I make myself some scans from the book. I don't know if there a pdf somewhere, but I don't think so.

strangecoloursFL

Fri 02 Dec 2022, 15:14

Also out of curiosity, it looks like these releases have audiobook format, curious if the scenario gets a narrator too.
Apparently yes - Inferno's Fall is narrated by Julienne Irons.