Marco Rafalà
Topic Author

Marching Test Clarification

Fri 16 Sep 2022, 21:59

I feel dumb for asking this but could someone help me understand this rule as it relates to Marching Tests in the Journey rules? I can't wrap my head around this and can't find an example in the rule book. Thanks!
A journey continues until the Guide’s Marching Test result matches or exceeds the number of hexes left between the Company's current position and their point of arrival — when this happens, the Company has reached its destination and the journey is over.

Harlath

Re: Marching Test Clarification

Fri 16 Sep 2022, 23:11

It means that if you're 3 hexes away and produce a Marching Test result where you move 3 or more hexes the journey is over! Don't roll for a final event. :)

The Marching Test is the travel roll the guide does to determine how many hexes you move.

Marco Rafalà
Topic Author

Sat 17 Sep 2022, 00:16

It means that if you're 3 hexes away and produce a Marching Test result where you move 3 or more hexes the journey is over! Don't roll for a final event. :)

The Marching Test is the travel roll the guide does to determine how many hexes you move.
Boy, do I feel dumb! Thanks! I know what a Marching Test is, just could not get what that sentence was saying for some reason. Must be the lack of sleep fogging my brain.

Harlath

Sat 17 Sep 2022, 18:11

Easy to miss things or misunderstand! Glad to have helped. :)