_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Re: Ship and the Stone

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 16:06

you are right Otaku-Sempai. I may have an explanation. If I remember correctly. We see the boats crossing the sea from Valinor to Middle-earth in the introduction of the 1st episode. Beleriand sinks at the end of the 1st age at the war of wrath. As the Rings of Power story unfolds during the 2nd Age. They didn't want to put too much additional information in the introduction of the 1st episode. This is my explanation. The continent changes at the end of the 1st age. It changes again when Numenor sinks. That's a lot of change for uninformed people in the lore (watching the show). They want to reach a general audience for the show I think (but Tolkien fans are important I know).

Otaku-sempai

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 16:18

you are right Otaku-Sempai. I may have an explanation. If I remember correctly. We see the boats crossing the sea from Valinor to Middle-earth in the introduction of the 1st episode. Beleriand sinks at the end of the 1st age at the war of wrath. As the Rings of Power story unfolds during the 2nd Age. They didn't want to put too much additional information in the introduction of the 1st episode. This is my explanation. The continent changes at the end of the 1st age. It changes again when Numenor sinks. That's a lot of change for uninformed people in the lore.
That's true, though the changes brought about through the Change of the World aren't as noticeable in the parts of Middle-earth with which we're familiar. Tolkien writes about new lands rising and falling, but the sinking of Atalantë (Númenor) is the only one that we actually experience.
#FideltyToTolkien

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 16:33

I can't wait to see how they handle Numenor's disappearance. They seem to avoid talking too much about the gods (Valar). How they're going to handle the Ban of the Valar without talking too much about the gods. A natural phenomenon as with The Stranger ...
Last edited by _ArthurDallas_ on Wed 14 Sep 2022, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Wed 14 Sep 2022, 19:51

Here HunterGreen,

This guy as the same theory than you about The KInslaying at 01:01:44

The swan-boats and the red-hair kids ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEuYPD_VttE

_ArthurDallas_
Topic Author

Thu 15 Sep 2022, 16:17

TRUE LIGHT vs FALSE LIGHT

How am I to know which lights to follow ...
Sometimes we cannot know ...
Until we have touched the DARKNESS ...