Rolando

Re: Who is Twilight: 2000 4e for?

Sun 19 Feb 2023, 02:30

Jumping on the successful resurrection.

I'm also starting with the new edition of T2K and FLP.

I'm also one of the old players, 47 years old, played 2e, and have very good memories of that game.
Missed the kickstarter of the 4e because of lack of money at the time but finally managed to get a copy, and I feel the game is the best version of T2K so far. I miss some of the detailed rules of 2e but not because they were better to the current more abstract ones, but because that is the way I am.

FatherJ_ct

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 05:06

Just like any hobby/interest...getting younger crowd into it is a matter of exposure. T2k could use more GMs putting out games to join (via discords for free league and foundry, roll20, startplaying.games etc etc). More quality actual plays could help too. :)

Cossak11

Mon 03 Apr 2023, 13:53

I guess I might as well jump in on this. I'm 29 and grew up playing Avalon Hill board games and games like Jagged Alliance 2 and XCOM: UFO Defense. I found the first edition twilight 2000 books by chance and the setting immediately grabbed me. I have been keeping track of the franchise ever since.

Raellus

Sat 08 Apr 2023, 22:16

It's for everyone. I'm an OG v1 customer and I can say that 4e is a really good ruleset. I bought the v1 box-set as a pre-teen back in '86, but never played it. I gave up pretty quickly on the rules (they were too crunchy for me back then). I kind of moved on from T2k when the Cold War ended, then got back into it when I found a small but passionate online fanbase. I ran a PbP campaign using the v2.2 ruleset (but always the v1 timeline) for nearly a decade. I backed 4e from early on and was really pleased with the ruleset they produced. It was pretty easy to learn and apply. IMHO, it's better than v2.2 in pretty much every department. I really dig it.

If you're interested, I admin an ALL EDITIONS T2k discussion forum. It's been up and running for over a decade and is a treasure trove of ideas, resources, and, well, discussions. New members are always welcome.

https://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.p ... bc858b&f=3

-
Twilight 2000 discussion forum @ https://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Heffe

Wed 12 Apr 2023, 01:28

Agreed that it's for anyone and everyone. I also cut my teeth on v1 as a teenager before moving onto 2.2, and have a lot of great memories of the OG box set and the Big Yellow Book. With that said, I've been really happy with 4e so far - the ruleset is light and lean, and while I occasionally find myself missing a bit of the old crunch, it's hard to argue with the in-game results. Games tend to be dangerous and lively. Even stuff I didn't think I'd be super into at first, like hexcrawling, has grown a lot on me as a plot-advancing mechanism. It's a great game!