Amraphel

Re: Building Better Worlds PDF Feedback

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 20:27

Sometimes, the word “mission” in "Great Mother Mission” is capitalised, and sometimes it isn’t. See, for example, section 2180-2183 on page 23, where both variants appear. I think this also qualifies as a nitpick :D

blaster219

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 21:29

Ignore. Its a typo. But an in character typo.

P110.On the data table for KOI-610.01, the population entry states the reported population is 900'000'00 (900 million). Later on P173, the same colony is said to have an reported population of 900'000 (900 thousand). One of these figures is wrong, I'm assuming its the one stating just shy of a billion.
Last edited by blaster219 on Mon 09 Oct 2023, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

kaziglubey

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 21:36

Page 23, under Famous Pioneers - Entrepreneur Philanthropists, should Eldridge Sanchez be shown as being MIA in 2111 instead of 2011?

Tarynt Essrog

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 22:46

Are we supposed to report by the page number of the pdf, or the page number printed on the page?

On page 34 (as per the number printed on the page) it says, "Members of the Colonial Guard only receive basic training supplied by the Colonial Armed Forces."

There is no other mention in the book of an organization called the Colonial Armed Forces. The Colonial Marines Operations Manual describes an organization called the CANADIAN COLONIAL ARMED FORCES (CCAF), which might be what this is referring to; but in other cases where an org from another book is mentioned, a citation is given. Such as on page 33 where it says "With regulatory organizations such as the Extrasolar Colonization Administration (page 29) and the ICC (page 234 of the core rulebook) in place to maintain safety standards, the United Americas leaves the exploration and colonization of its frontiers to the private sector."

So maybe there was supposed to be a citation there?

ExileInParadise

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 22:59

Page 5 - Building Your Own World appendix not marked as appendix and has no preview art block so it looks "odd" or "off" compared to rest of TOC

Page 7 - has "[1. PIONEERS WANTED] heading and page 8 has [PIONEERS WANTED] then they alternate?

Page 8 - "To Find and Forge Our Future" block has a black bullet at the end. The rest don't? Why a bullet for one and not all?

Page 22 - Far Spinward Colonies or Far Spindrift Colonies? 2066-2085 entry

Page 25 - single quote is backwards on '51 New Deal

Page 30 - "in the unmapped terrain" ... hard to think a mission would land without at least a minimal orbital survey especially with fly-by probes mentioned elsewhere.

Page 35 - add (SOF) after "In addition to their Space Operating Forces" to introduce the use of the acronym before it i used in the next column.

Page 43 - single quote is backwards on '51 New Deal

Page 45 - Katherine "Danny" Daniels is likely a typo from the blu-ray captioning.
It is probably supposed to be "Dani" as a shortened form of "Daniels" from a group initially called by last names by default the way the military does.

Page 51 - I love the Herman Melville quote from Moby Dick in the personal agendas.
I read it and heard Carl Sagan's voice in my head from the Pale Blue Dot audiobook he narrated.
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

Tarynt Essrog

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 23:08

An entry for Lasalle Bionational is conspicuously absent from chapter 3. It is mention twice in planet tables on pages 97 & 106, and a third time in a random colony generator table on page 279.

Given that it described as one of the Big 3 in the Core Rules, and the other two (Weyland-Yyutani and Seegson) have entries; that seems like it must be an oversight.

There is a lot of empty space between pages 40 and 41 where I'm guessing someone forgot to put the Bionational entry.

Tarynt Essrog

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 23:17

Page 7 - has "[1. PIONEERS WANTED] heading and page 8 has [PIONEERS WANTED] then they alternate?

Actually, it only says [PIONEERS WANTED] on page 8. After that, all of the even numbered pages say [PLAYER SECTION] until chapter 7.

Cljritter

Fri 06 Oct 2023, 00:02

Game mother section and player section are not clearly separated, and the heading on pg 96 states "Player Section" when I believe this is meant as the "Game Mother Section" as stated in headers on pg 94 and then 98 onwards.

Under Xenocobra "containment and termination protocol" on pg120 the final sentence of the text ends "They also like to force themselves down your" and is missing throat or something.

soviethero1945

Fri 06 Oct 2023, 00:25

Copy and pasted this from the other thread, not sure if it needed clarification or not

In the BBW we have the new frontier revolver. It has the same stats as the 357 revolver from the core book

In the description for it, it says you can reload two bullets at a time as a slow or fast action. The way I understand this is that I should count the weapon as a 6 shot weapon and have my players keep track of how many bullets are in it? Looking for some discussion or input from others!

Tarynt Essrog

Fri 06 Oct 2023, 01:07

On page 155, map of deck B of the UNCSS SOLOVETSKY ISLAND. A catwalk is mislabeled as a “CAYWALK”.