Dizzyfugu

Re: Campaign length?

Wed 14 Jun 2023, 09:13

There is some character that it's starting to feel a bit overpowered but I'm keeping to not tweak anything except for the rules before.
From my experience so far, any PC has a "weak spot". Fear attacks on WITS or EMP attacks (Bards are great for that!) are very effective and inspire some feeling of respect and vulnerability. Most magic/spells are also a serious threat, because some spells (e.g. Immolate) offer no defense (except for another sorcerer throwing a Disple Magic in) and even bypass armor. Personally, I think that this is unbalanced (if not unfair, because the spell will work 100% and is pretty calculable), but this way you knock out anyone quite quickly.

decanox

Re: Campaign length?

Thu 15 Jun 2023, 14:28

I know... In fact, Immolate is a "must have" for every rust brother :D

I should have been more precise before. My concerns are about the printed material as Raven's Purge or Encounters from the book. For example, and here it is a minor spoiler, my characters found the group of slavers from the encounter list and I finally opted to retreat since the combat was going absurd (they literally did nothing to the characters with a combat of 4 or 5 dice).

But If I can manage some encounters, I try to make the NPCs harder. Problem is printed material.