Mugzmugz
Topic Author

NPC - SINGLE WALKER ATTACKS

Mon 01 Jul 2024, 14:44

I play solo.

I'm still a little unsure how an NPC can handle a Walker and (walker Attack)

If an NPC is in combat with 1 walker and he rolls his dice and rolls no 6. (Succecs)

So he's failed and can't reroll the dice? well?

Why can't he just take a stress dice and reroll? like a PC?

next question.
Does an NPC also have 3 health like a PC?

I think it's difficult to play it solo if the NPC is worse than my PC and I'm only 1 PC and 4 NPC, then I'm clearly in disanvanteg. Or is there something I haven't caught playing solo?

Thanks for the help, it seems like a great game to play solo in the Walking dead Universe.

MutantFromMars

Re: NPC - SINGLE WALKER ATTACKS

Mon 01 Jul 2024, 23:23

NPCs don't push rolls and don't take Stress, so yeah, if they're one on one with a Walker in a Swarm, that failed roll is going to trigger a roll on the Walker Attack table. They're pretty abstract and basically just roll 4 dice for stuff (more if they're Trained or Expert NPCs)

NPCs have 3 Health Points.

You can give an NPC attributes, skill levels and talents if they're really important to the story (I normally do this for the Companion)

I think the NPCs are supposed to be "worse" than your Main PC, otherwise your Main PC can become a bystander rather than the focus of the story, but that's just an observation on my part. A lot of how NPCs are handled is also down to keeping them abstract and reducing the book-keeping for them in-game.

Mugzmugz
Topic Author

Re: NPC - SINGLE WALKER ATTACKS

Wed 03 Jul 2024, 13:06

Thanks for the great Reply :D