astrokiwi
Topic Author

Printable maps & player handouts

Wed 19 Jun 2024, 10:58

Hi folks

So I have both the core book and Ruins of the Lost Realm, bought from eBay, but no pdfs, and I was wondering if there were any printable materials available for player handouts - or if that's something Free League would consider doing. There's all these nice maps and landmark art in the book, but they have Loremaster spoilers on them, and without the pdfs it wouldn't be easy to make a spoiler-free copy to hand out to players, and it seems a shame if they can't see the art to get a handle on what the towers or ruins look like from the outside. There's a great foldout map of Tharbad but something more basic to print out for Lond Daer would be amazing as well.

Is the solution just to get the pdfs, and do copy & pasting of the right layers to make this sort of thing myself?

Linklite

Re: Printable maps & player handouts

Wed 19 Jun 2024, 12:26

There are PDF maps if you buy direct from FL or via a Bits and Mortar gaming store. I doubt they'll make them any more widely available than that though.

O don't believe there's a digital copy of the Tharbad map though. Not sure why.

AndrewTBP

Wed 19 Jun 2024, 12:31

I use TokenTool 2 to extract JPEG images from my PDFs and to make tokens of all the Adversaries & Loremaster characters in them. For images that are split by a page break, I join them using the Pixlr site. I upload them to Roll20, where I'm running my TOR2e games.

astrokiwi
Topic Author

Wed 19 Jun 2024, 16:10

There are PDF maps if you buy direct from FL or via a Bits and Mortar gaming store. I doubt they'll make them any more widely available than that though.

O don't believe there's a digital copy of the Tharbad map though. Not sure why.
Thanks! Any idea if I can get those PDF maps if I bought the books second hand? I know that Mongoose sometimes give pdfs if you show them proof they've got the physical books.

I'm all good with Tharbad though - I'm planning on playing in person, so the foldout map from RotLR should work great. I'm just thinking of places like Lond Daer where it might be good to have a bit of a sketch of the city to give to players, even if it's just printed in black & white on an A4 piece of paper rather than a fancy foldout map.

Fenhorn

Wed 19 Jun 2024, 16:26

FL can't provide PDFs for books purchased elsewhere, only for books purchased in retail that is part of the Bits and Mortar program. If it is just maps and handouts, then you could do a request (there is a contact form here.)

Regarding the one ring corebook, that and possible something else should be discounted at drivethru this month.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

astrokiwi
Topic Author

Thu 20 Jun 2024, 17:13

Thanks, I'll try that form :)

astrokiwi
Topic Author

Thu 20 Jun 2024, 17:57

Ah, looks like the only things available are the free downloads on the downloads page, and full pdfs of the books if you buy them that way.

Harlath

Thu 20 Jun 2024, 19:45

It would be great to have pdfs with marked versions of landmarks. Free League have done this for the Forbidden Lands landmarks and it would be good to have it for TOR too, if the license permits it.

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 25 Jun 2024, 21:43

I'm doing some solo roleplaying in the Shire these days. I will definitely be doing stories for Tharbad in the distant future (and designing maps eventually and add content).

I have maps for some locations in the Shire and possibly other locations in Middle Earth soon.

see here ... https://www.deviantart.com/wizardrhosgobel/gallery

Just watch out for when it comes out.
Arthur.

_ArthurDallas_

Tue 25 Jun 2024, 21:53

I have done some research on LOND DAER already and you may have some info and maps here to help you design something for your players.

here : https://notionclubarchives.fandom.com/wiki/Lond_Daer

Arthur.