MattiasS
Topic Author

Check out the Unofficial Dragonbane FAQ - 100 Questions about Dragonbane rules

Sun 15 Oct 2023, 15:03

I have curated a collection of common, uncommon and unanswered rules in Dragonbane.
https://rebrand.ly/DragonbaneFAQ
Feel free to comment in the document if you have wisdom to add.
Sincerely / Mattias
Last edited by MattiasS on Sun 16 Jun 2024, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

Drakkan

Re: Check out the Unofficial Dragonbane FAQ - 100 Questions about Dragonbane rules

Sun 22 Oct 2023, 05:01

Thats neat! Hope they add the clearups into next years Rulebook.

VorpalMace

Re: Check out the Unofficial Dragonbane FAQ - 100 Questions about Dragonbane rules

Wed 15 Nov 2023, 10:37

Impressive. Keep up the good work!

woodsoul507

Sun 19 Nov 2023, 17:09

Hello. FAQ says armor can protect against Fire damage but Armor Rating on p50 of Core Set's Rulebook made mention of physical damage alone. Is there any other rule where another source of damage is included? Thanks.

Fenhorn

Sun 19 Nov 2023, 23:44

Hello. FAQ says armor can protect against Fire damage but Armor Rating on p50 of Core Set's Rulebook made mention of physical damage alone. Is there any other rule where another source of damage is included? Thanks.
Fire damage you physically (i.e. it damage your hit points).

Golden rule: armour protects you against all physical damage (damage to hit points) that hits you (so the armour is in way) unless an exception say something else. Exceptions are written where they apply, like for Lightning Bolt, where metal armour (anything but leather) has no effect.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

woodsoul507

Mon 20 Nov 2023, 12:59

Fire damage you physically (i.e. it damage your hit points).

Golden rule: armour protects you against all physical damage (damage to hit points) that hits you (so the armour is in way) unless an exception say something else. Exceptions are written where they apply, like for Lightning Bolt, where metal armour (anything but leather) has no effect.
That was a bit confusing since other games I usually play threaten fire, cold, etc as other types of damage, ie: elemental damage. It seems I was playing in Very Hard mode in my solo campaign.
There is another question that emerged from my latest session. Can enemies NPC double damage or ignore armor from rolling a dragon in attack checks as PCs?
And sorry if I am not editing the file but it feels like I might break something there. Thanks for the clarification.

Short Fey

Mon 20 Nov 2023, 14:21

That was a bit confusing since other games I usually play threaten fire, cold, etc as other types of damage, ie: elemental damage. It seems I was playing in Very Hard mode in my solo campaign.
There is another question that emerged from my latest session. Can enemies NPC double damage or ignore armor from rolling a dragon in attack checks as PCs?
And sorry if I am not editing the file but it feels like I might break something there. Thanks for the clarification.
They play by the same rules as pcs, so i do not see any reason that explains why they couldn't.
Beware the fey!

Fenhorn

Mon 20 Nov 2023, 15:17

Fire damage is fire damage and that can have an effect on some creatures (some are immune to fire or take extra damage, etc.) but fire is also physical, the flames physically strikes you and touches you and therefore any armour you have will protect you against the flames.

And as was mentioned above, NPCs follows all the standard rules for the game and that means that any 1 or 20 rolled for them will affect the outcome of their skill rolls.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Mike65

Tue 11 Jun 2024, 12:33

My word! Amazing, you deserve a medal. Or at least a really nice biscuit.

JJCTTRPG

Wed 12 Jun 2024, 07:14

This clears up a lot of my questions. Thank you!
I have curated a collection of common, uncommon and unanswered rules in Dragonbane.
https://rebrand.ly/DragonbaneFAQ
It's only been a week so it's still raw, but about 100 questions so far. It will be allowed to mature and clear up/develop over time.
Feel free to comment in the document if you have wisdom to add.
Sincerely / Mattias