Re: Errata & Clarifications

Mon 03 Jun 2024, 06:45

Thank you!

9littlebees

Tue 11 Jun 2024, 10:55

• Assist Recovery - Page 7 reads ...
    <> The assisting model first moves up to its base Move <>
    This is a term from the alpha-rules. It was changed to medium distance move, but apparently not everywhere.
I'm a little confused by this and can't see any other post made about assists. Are you saying the base move as written in the rules is incorrect, and an Assist Recovery action should allow a Medium move instead? Because I've been playing with base move and changing it to Medium would really shake up the game (in a good way, tbh).
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Tue 11 Jun 2024, 12:16

• Assist Recovery - Page 7 reads ...
    <> The assisting model first moves up to its base Move <>
    This is a term from the alpha-rules. It was changed to medium distance move, but apparently not everywhere.
I'm a little confused by this and can't see any other post made about assists. Are you saying the base move as written in the rules is incorrect, and an Assist Recovery action should allow a Medium move instead? Because I've been playing with base move and changing it to Medium would really shake up the game (in a good way, tbh).
Some example from the alpha-rules
Move & Attack: Move the model horizontally up to its base Move and then attack with it <>
Sprint: Move the model its base Move distance twice.
I guess one of the reasons they changed it to medium move is that the term base move could be confusing
Btw, a base with move is called Step Move in the game.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

izikiel

Thu 13 Jun 2024, 14:41

Activation and overwatch.
When is a character considered activating? When you select that character with your token, or when you do an action with that character?
Ie, can a character use a mutation/item to counter overwatch if that character is in the firearc of an enemy in overwatch when being chosen?

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Thu 13 Jun 2024, 16:08

Activating is when he is doing his a chosen action. When it comes to mutations like Stealthy, you can't choose that after someone has declared overwatch fire, you have to use the mutation when you declare what action you do and that enhance the action with the mutation. Only reflex mutations can be used whenever and even out of turn.

izikiel

Fri 14 Jun 2024, 10:08

Activating is when he is doing his a chosen action. When it comes to mutations like Stealthy, you can't choose that after someone has declared overwatch fire, you have to use the mutation when you declare what action you do and that enhance the action with the mutation. Only reflex mutations can be used whenever and even out of turn.
Thank you for clarifying! So also if someone moves into the firearc you can choose to overwatch fire since it is considered activating inside the firearc?

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Fri 14 Jun 2024, 10:30

Thank you for clarifying! So also if someone moves into the firearc you can choose to overwatch fire since it is considered activating inside the firearc?
FL uses overwatch in many of their RPGs, including Mutant: Year Zero, and this is how it works in those, so I assume that's the idea in this game as well. You interrupt a model, do your overwatch fire, if the interrupted model survived it may continue whatever it was doing.

izikiel

Fri 14 Jun 2024, 10:42

FL uses overwatch in many of their RPGs, including Mutant: Year Zero, and this is how it works in those, so I assume that's the idea in this game as well. You interrupt a model, do your overwatch fire, if the interrupted model survived it may continue whatever it was doing.
Thanks again for clarifying! Time for some mayhem! :)