anatolewilson
Topic Author

Necromancers and Undead

Tue 04 Jun 2024, 10:31

I assume that having your undead attack as a necromancer is a simple enough task. But does it cost an action to command your undead to attack? When is their turn?

Follow up; if a character killed a boar and then turned that boar into meat and pelt, should a necromancer still be able to raise the boar with their raise dead spell or no?

Fenhorn

Re: Necromancers and Undead

Tue 04 Jun 2024, 11:06

I assume that having your undead attack as a necromancer is a simple enough task. But does it cost an action to command your undead to attack? When is their turn?
That is up to the GM to decide, but I would say a fast action for a simple command and a slow action for a more complex command. Animals or Undeads that are under control (i.e. commanded), acts on the same initiative as the commanding character.
Follow up; if a character killed a boar and then turned that boar into meat and pelt, should a necromancer still be able to raise the boar with their raise dead spell or no?
If you turn a boar into meat and pelt, you don't have a boar no more. Well, a nice GM may say that you have a skeleton of a boar.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Quorlox

Sat 08 Jun 2024, 23:14

If you turn a boar into meat and pelt, you don't have a boar no more. Well, a nice GM may say that you have a skeleton of a boar.
Is a skeleton enough for Raise the Dead?

Fenhorn

Sun 09 Jun 2024, 00:40

Is a skeleton enough for Raise the Dead?
There are undead skeletons in the game, they mush have been raised by someone or something using magic.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Quorlox

Sun 09 Jun 2024, 10:05

There are undead skeletons in the game, they mush have been raised by someone or something using magic.
Okay, then I'd allow an animal to be raised after goods have been harvested from them.