HunterGreen

Re: Estelang is Gurthang?

Wed 05 Jun 2024, 13:54

Apart from any other consideration, if Gurthang is buried by Túrin, both of them are under the waves, after the sinking of Beleriand.
They're not, actually; the Stone of the Hapless is where he is buried, and Glirhuin prophesied that it would never be defiled by Morgoth, nor sink beneath the sea, which is just what happened; Tol Morwen is one of the few bits of Beleriand that still stands above the waves. Tol Morwen is what, in this adventure, is called the Isle of the Mother (probably for copyright/licensing reasons).
TOR/AiME Discord: https://discord.me/theonering
Narvi, the TOR bot for Discord: https://bitbucket.org/HawthornThistleberry/narvi/

ImperatorRex

Wed 05 Jun 2024, 17:17

Apart from any other consideration, if Gurthang is buried by Túrin, both of them are under the waves, after the sinking of Beleriand.
They're not, actually; the Stone of the Hapless is where he is buried, and Glirhuin prophesied that it would never be defiled by Morgoth, nor sink beneath the sea, which is just what happened; Tol Morwen is one of the few bits of Beleriand that still stands above the waves. Tol Morwen is what, in this adventure, is called the Isle of the Mother (probably for copyright/licensing reasons).
Holy shit!

Otaku-sempai

Thu 06 Jun 2024, 04:09

Holy shit!
I recommend giving The Silmarillion a read. Maybe also Unfinished Tales!
#FideltyToTolkien

ImperatorRex

Thu 06 Jun 2024, 10:03

Holy shit!
I recommend giving The Silmarillion a read. Maybe also Unfinished Tales!
Oh, I've read them both many times but that detail escaped my memory! Thank you for the refresher!

Sebastian

Fri 07 Jun 2024, 09:14

In preparation of this very adventure, I reread the Children of Hurin and parts of the Silmarillon. I was in awe, not to get it right and I‘ve been fascinated ever since, with what details this adventure came to pass. Absolutely love, how the lore is woven into it, without violating the license by using parts of the SIL.

Gamemasters could leave out most of this lore, but it gives sooo much depth and backround and it’s basically why I love Middle-earth roleplaying. And TOR just hits the mark here.