Fenhorn
Topic Author

Errata & Clarifications

Sat 18 May 2024, 15:40

Eventually the FL team might start up a more official Errata & Clarification thread but until then here is what I have found and the answers to them (This list only contain erratas and clarifications that I have got an answer for):

Errata:
  • Zone tokens - Page 5 reads ...
    <> The effects of a Zone card affect the next model to activate, unless stated otherwise <>
    This contradicts what is said on page 13 ...
    The effects of a Zone card always affect the model that was most recently activated, unless stated otherwise <>
    Page 13 is right in this case. The text on page 5 is a leftover from old alpha-rules.
  • Assist Recovery - Page 7 reads ...
    <> The assisting model first moves up to its base Move <>
    This is a term from the alpha-rules. It was changed to medium distance move, but apparently not everywhere.

Clarifications:
  • If the zone card deck runs out, just re-shuffle all the discarded zone cards to form a new deck.
  • There was a question about ranged combat and melee (here). Tomas clarification on this
    Any attack in base contact is considered a melee attack, not a ranged attack, so using a ranged weapon in melee won't save you from a counter attack.

I will update this post if more erratas comes up that I can get an (from FL) an answer to. If you find anything that needs clarification or something that looks like an errata please post in this thread.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

DaveB

Re: Errata & Clarifications

Sat 18 May 2024, 20:37

The Blue Cog icon on the Artefact cards is not described in the rules - I am assuming it is the Victory Point value un-Busted? (Why a different icon to the tokens?)

DaveB

Sat 18 May 2024, 20:50

Not a show stopper but thought it worth mentioning for consistence - Range refers to "Close" in the rules, however the ruler says "Short" - think we can work that it refers to the same thing :)

DaveB

Sun 19 May 2024, 19:26

A model charging 2 other models locked in melee, how does this work?

We played it that the damage was split between the two targeted characters, and knockback effects were applied to both (one hit a building for an extra damage point, the other just got pushed back)

Pelhle

Thu 23 May 2024, 06:56

A model charging 2 other models locked in melee, how does this work?

We played it that the damage was split between the two targeted characters, and knockback effects were applied to both (one hit a building for an extra damage point, the other just got pushed back)
I wouldn’t do that, but of course it is up to the table to make that house rule.

Why wouldn’t I go for that? If two guys stands next to each other in real life, it would be very hard to hit both of them to deal any kind of damage. Would be more like a choice between ”touch both” or ”hit one of them hard”.

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Thu 23 May 2024, 09:30

An attack is against one model, it doesn't matter if the attacking model happens to be engaged with other models as well.

Mattias_Vestin

Sun 02 Jun 2024, 14:37

Regarding model activation, actions after assisted recovery, and counterattacks...

So, the rules say "a model can only take an action once per round" (if not otherwise specified by the rules).

So, should the action taken after assisted recovery, be counted as an action, and thus placing an activation token from the cup on that model, or is the action after a succeeded recovery "free"?
And is counterattack always "free"?

Exampel: Moose is broken (after a charge from Hugust), but has not yet been activated this round. Bormin activates, moves up to medium distance in to Base contact with Moose (and Hugust), rolls the combined survival value (6 dice) and succeeds. An activation token is placed on Bormin. Then, Moose immediatly takes an action (melee on Hugust, with a +1 modifier for Bormins precence).
1. Can Hugust make a counterattack even though he already has taken action?
2. Has Moose now taken action, or is his melee attack "free", and can therefor make antoher Melee attack when an activation token for genlab team is drawn?
Last edited by Mattias_Vestin on Mon 03 Jun 2024, 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Sun 02 Jun 2024, 20:21

You can't push a survival roll but then, no you don't remove a token from the cup if someone becomes broken and if someone else successful makes an assistant recovery, then the recovered character can act if if the faction has tokens left (also remember that he will get to do an action on a successful recovery, regardless if he did it himself or if it was an assistant recovery). The only time you remove a token from the cup is if someone is taken out. A token is also removed from the faction (this happens technically between rounds) if a model leaves the table.

Also, counterattacks are free attacks.

Mattias_Vestin

Mon 03 Jun 2024, 00:44

You can't push a survival roll but then, no you don't remove a token from the cup if someone becomes broken and if someone else successful makes an assistant recovery, then the recovered character can act if if the faction has tokens left (also remember that he will get to do an action on a successful recovery, regardless if he did it himself or if it was an assistant recovery). The only time you remove a token from the cup is if someone is taken out. A token is also removed from the faction (this happens technically between rounds) if a model leaves the table.

Also, counterattacks are free attacks.
Edited my initial question (no push on survival)
But still unclear: is the action taken by a model that has successfully recovered (assisted or not) a "free" bonus action during that round, or is it the action for that round for that model?

In other words, is this fictive brawl-scenario possible? (new example):
1. Moose has already taken action once during the round
2. Hugust attacks Moose in melee, Moose does a counterattack
3. Krin also attacks Moose in melee, Moose is broken.
5. Farrow uses her action to assist recovery on Moose and succeeds.
6. Moose takes an imediate action, attacking Hugust in melee (even though Moose has already taken action during the round...)
7. Hugust is not broken, and does a counterattack.
8. Danko also attacks Moose in melee (the poor guy...)
9. Moose is not broken, and does a counterattck.

Moose has thus taken action twice, and done two counterattacks during the same round... is that ok?

Fenhorn
Topic Author

Mon 03 Jun 2024, 01:01

The rulebook say:
<> the model stands up, removes all damage tokens and takes another action immediately. <>
The text 'another action' is in italic to mark it as something extra important to remember. This is just another action that you can take with a specific model, not by a model of your choice and not another token draw.

edit: And your example looks legit yes. Melee is powerful with the counterattack but it is also very risky since if you disengage, you get a free attack on you. Recovery can be powerful and assisted recovery even more so but that also uses an action by another model, an action that you could have done something else with, in a game that has limited number of rounds.