Jeff Wilder
Topic Author

Is there a MU/TH/UR file repository somewhere?

Wed 15 May 2024, 01:22

ALIEN GMs are amazing at creating, re-imagining, and cleaning up various types of files for the game.

Has anybody collected links to these resources?
Jeff Wilder | San Francisco Bay Area
"And if you bore me, you lose your soul to me." | Belly

ExileInParadise

Re: Is there a MU/TH/UR file repository somewhere?

Wed 15 May 2024, 14:05

I haven't seen a collected place myself - but I know Alien Mobius, Mentorius, and Arthur Dallas are three good ones to start with.

Not sure if this forum is the best place to manage a list of links - but if Free League has bandwidth somewhere - having a "for the fans" index page of fan resources for each of the games - and other resources - sort of like how R Talsorian does a "DLC" page.

Maybe something adjacent to Free League Workshop?
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad

Angelman

Wed 15 May 2024, 15:05

There's a whole lot of stuff in the Files section of the Facebook group; several years worth of scenarios and other things.
"And the rain sets in,
it's the Angelman.
I'm deranged".
--David Bowie, I'm Deranged

ExileInParadise

Wed 15 May 2024, 15:20

Ah yeah, I am not on facebook (nor will I be) - it's a pity all those materials aren't available on the public web instead of locked in the pit of despair where only the Zuck benefits from them.

But that's just me - and part of why I would prefer to see Free League hosting fan materials themselves (with suitable "not endorsed or affiliated with" disclaimers of course).

Jeff Wilder
Topic Author

Wed 15 May 2024, 22:53

Thanks, folks. I am on Facebook, and a frequent contributor to conversations in the group, but for some reason FB as a file repository never occurs to me, and when it's pointed out my brain immediately wants to say "no." It doesn't feel rational, aside from FB being FB, but it does happen. Nevertheless, I'll check out the stuff there.

I will echo the wish for a more standalone repository, though, with or (probably) without Free League's involvement.

_ArthurDallas_

Thu 16 May 2024, 21:45

Hi,

If you check all my posts (in this forum) you will get a lots of files, designs and play reports. More info on DEVIANTART and REDDIT too.

here : https://www.deviantart.com/arthurdallas/gallery
just have to log in here and lots of files too : https://www.reddit.com/r/alienrpg/?rdt=55596

Enjoy your games Jeff.
Arthur.

Jeff Wilder
Topic Author

Fri 17 May 2024, 01:17

If you check all my posts (in this forum) you will get a lots of files, designs and play reports.
You've definitely got a lot of good content. It would be amazing if we could get a post with all the useful links, and get it stickied.

ExileInParadise

Fri 17 May 2024, 14:30

I would bet there are a lot of mine-able resources in the Year Zero discord as well.

_ArthurDallas_

Fri 17 May 2024, 17:07

Unfortunately, I have a little mistrust with Discord. The mistrust dates back 4 years ago, however, perhaps the situation has changed. I found them too present and too intrusive back then. But hey, my feeling dates back 4 years.

I forgot to talk about REDDIT with its MEGATHREADS... called HOMEBREW THREADS. Lots and lots of original creations there. Definitely worth checking out. There is also a Play Reports section with lots and lots of play reports to read.

here again = https://www.reddit.com/r/alienrpg/?rdt=55596

Arthur.

ExileInParadise

Fri 17 May 2024, 20:10

Yeah its a shame discord is what it is ... and facebook ... and and and ... I miss the old internet from before the dark times.

That is why ultimately I think it would be great if Free League became their own hub for the fan content of their games rather than feeding the beasts.