Phen

Re: RoS FoundryVTT question

Fri 10 May 2024, 22:47

PSA: there is a beta update available to the Core module that fixes most of the issues with D&D 3.0 system.
You can get it by installing directly from manifest: https://github.com/FLPub/symbaroum5ecor ... odule.json
Note, that it's an update to a "system" module, not RoS content modules (PG, GMG, Bestiary) - those are still very outdated and have issues.

Honestly, if Free League is worried about the cost of contracting a developer, I would volunteer to update it myself for free. It is not that much work:
[1] Update classes to use the new automatic advancement system (leveling).
[2] Update races to use a new dedicated race item type instead of being a "feature".
[3] Fix icon paths for spells and features (5e system changed directory for icons).
[4] Updated journals to use new enrichers.
[5] Organize content into folders (a new built-in Foundry feature).

hellquist
Topic Author

Re: RoS FoundryVTT question

Tue 25 Jun 2024, 13:52

PSA: there is a beta update available to the Core module that fixes most of the issues with D&D 3.0 system.
You can get it by installing directly from manifest: https://github.com/FLPub/symbaroum5ecor ... odule.json
Note, that it's an update to a "system" module, not RoS content modules (PG, GMG, Bestiary) - those are still very outdated and have issues.

Honestly, if Free League is worried about the cost of contracting a developer, I would volunteer to update it myself for free. It is not that much work:
[1] Update classes to use the new automatic advancement system (leveling).
[2] Update races to use a new dedicated race item type instead of being a "feature".
[3] Fix icon paths for spells and features (5e system changed directory for icons).
[4] Updated journals to use new enrichers.
[5] Organize content into folders (a new built-in Foundry feature).
8 months later since I started this thread I think it is safe to say that yes, indeed, the cost for a contractor seems to be the main issue. For those of us that have bought all the modules and now are just dying to get our groups to play the newly released material (Throne of Thorns and World of Symbaroum), which I've also bought, this is all quite unacceptable.

They should, at the very least, withdraw those products from their store. For anyone who purchases them today they will get a very nasty surprise if they just try to install the products they've just purchased. I have bought a new computer and tried to install it all and it fails on the first hurdle (core) and thus refuses to install any of the modules I've purchased.

I notice there is quite a lot of activity for the Free League stuff over on Alchemy VTT, the new "shiny!", so I guess they've moved on and leave us hanging here on Foundry VTT.

Yes. I am bitter by now.