doc-t

Re: Feedback Thread for Coriolis: The Great Dark Quickstart

Mon 15 Apr 2024, 00:40

pg. 32, "The death save is not an action in itself." Does this mean, the death save can not be pushed?

What is the meaning of "in itself"? How does it change the interpretation of that sentence? What is the difference between "The death save is not an action." and "The death save is not an action in itself."? I don't get it...

doc-t

Mon 15 Apr 2024, 00:51

pg. 35, "All conflicts are not combat." This is not correct, there are conflicts that are combat. I guess, "Not all conflicts are combat." was intended. Or I am to dull to get the Shakespearean drift.

doc-t

Mon 15 Apr 2024, 01:01

pg. 15, attributes and derived scores. Sorry, my mind boggles that attribute #1 and #2 lead to one score, #3 and #6 result in the second, and #4 and #5 result in the third derived score. Can the attributes please be listed - in the rules and on the character sheets - in a sequence that ties #1 and #2, #3 and #4, and #5 and #6. Str, Agi, Log, Emp, Per, Ins would be a consistent sequence.

Also, the sequence of attributes in the paragraph explaining Blight is not the same as in the previous list. Please stick to the same sequence.

Sorry for my nitpicking.

biribiri

Tue 23 Apr 2024, 21:34

- the delve felt quite board gamey and took a lot of rolls before reaching a meaningful interlude. Might be down to me making more of each event as a GM, of course.
My group hated this aspect of the quickstart and after playing the Delve, 3 members of the group cancelled their pledges. It was far too board-gamey to me, and turned into: roll some dice, subtract some resources, repeat. There were few, if any choices, to made and if the Delver rolls had few success then there were constant blight armour rolls, which quickly became tedious. The events had the chance to make the delve interesting, but again often turned into roll a dice, subtract a resource. The narrative events (the lights above and the radio chatter) were good, but the events needed more meat to them to make them interesting.

I haven't played it, but I had the same feeling listening to the Red Moon Roleplaying actual play. The delve part was just a string of linear dice rolls and skill checks without much purpose or meaningful decisions.

Jizmack

Sun 28 Apr 2024, 22:55

AIMED FIRE (p. 28)
The rules require a full round action of aiming to gain a +2 modifier to range attack.
However, you can also freely move to a neighboring zone, into or out of engaged range during your action.
Does this mean you can move while aiming?
If so, that means you can move and aim in one round, then move and fire in the next round with a +2 modifier, correct?