Ebrim

Re: Parrying too weak?

Fri 19 Apr 2024, 17:03

You could always bring back the classic “dodge puts you on the ground unless you dodge with a bane” from Forbidden Lands.

I’m not sure it’s so much of an issue for me. If your weapon skill is higher (plenty likely for many characters) than your dodge, you’ll probably choose to parry (if the situation alllows).

Kartong Karlsson

Sat 20 Apr 2024, 01:14

Parrying is an alright niche option sometimes, it's a good thing it isn't its own separate skill though cause it would be pretty hard to justify investing a lot into it. When wearing light or no armor (0 to 4 armor rating) dodging is usually the better option, and when wearing heavy armor (4 to 8 armor rating) an attack has to deal enough damage to hit a good amount through the armor while also not dealing enough damage to break the weapon for it to be worth parrying (without considering the many monster attacks that can't be parried without a shield and a specific heroic ability in the first place). I do think parrying could do with being just a little bit better.

spelmästaren

Sun 21 Apr 2024, 18:20

I dont think Parry is too weak from the pov that the skill is "free", you get it with the weaponskill(vapenfärdighet?) you are using as i understand. While dodge?(undvika) is its own skill all together :)

But I agree at the same time shield should have some bonus too it, maybe advantage on parries :)