Oddball_E8

Re: Is Twilight 2K 4th edition still being supported?

Sun 31 Mar 2024, 21:57

Let's be fair here guys... As far as we can tell right now, this is more or less a re-release of the previous editions. There won't be a lot of stuff that hasn't already been done in some way.
I mean even if that is the case, the products have been really impressive. These boxsets are some of the best TTRPG content I have ever bought.
Oh I agree! They're stellar.

However, let's not go on flights of fancy about getting expansions for the UK or Russia or anything else that wasn't really part of the original line of the RPG. We've got the core rules, Urban Ops (The Free City of Krakow), Hostile Waters (Pirates of the Vistula) and The Black Madonna (Black Madonna). We're basically getting them in the same order as they were released in the first run (with the exception of The Black Madonna, but that was part of the kickstarter). We *might* get something else that wasn't part of the 1st edition run, but that will be after we've got all the main stuff from 1st edition. Seems we are missing a few adventure modules and I don't think we're gonna get any dedicated vehicle sourcebooks. We'll get some version of Ruins of Warsaw and Going Home before we get anything based on the US, if you ask me.

And honestly... the way FL works, they usually ramp down their releases after the initial push on an RPG and then take everything out of print eventually. So, I'm not holding my breath for anything dealing with the US any time soon, if at all.

MutantFromMars

Sun 31 Mar 2024, 23:26

I can't remember where I read it, but wasn't "Operation Reset" going to be a new supplement for this line?

EDIT: Removed something that might be considered spoilery- and yeah, the Operation Reset expansion is mentioned in Hostile Waters too....

Oddball_E8

Tue 02 Apr 2024, 09:59

I can't remember where I read it, but wasn't "Operation Reset" going to be a new supplement for this line?

EDIT: Removed something that might be considered spoilery- and yeah, the Operation Reset expansion is mentioned in Hostile Waters too....
Yes, operation reset will be a standalone (and most likely final) module in the series and it's kinda new, I guess. Don't know how much of it is plucked from the old modules since I never did play any of the modules, just sandboxing using the 2nd edition rule book when I was a teenager.

FatherJ_ct

Mon 08 Apr 2024, 08:13

Tomas interview confirms they are currently working on Operation Rest as the next module, and have had some initial discussions of doing a United States/North America one after that. He also said there are no plans for doing a UK module. He also stated they are interested with working more closely with workshop creators to perhaps canonize their content.

The future of Twilight: 2000 (in English)
spelkult
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGbVrs2aEw

baldrick0712

Tue 09 Apr 2024, 14:01

Tomas interview confirms they are currently working on Operation Rest as the next module, and have had some initial discussions of doing a United States/North America one after that. He also said there are no plans for doing a UK module. He also stated they are interested with working more closely with workshop creators to perhaps canonize their content.

The future of Twilight: 2000 (in English)
spelkult
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGbVrs2aEw
Great news! If they want to canonize some workshop content I would recommend making the entire "Centrefire" weapons supplement series into a resource book. Great rules additions and a huge plethora of new weapons.