d(sqrt(-1))
Topic Author

Parry Movement (p46)

Mon 25 Mar 2024, 14:29

"When successfully parrying an attack, you can move both yourself and the enemy 2m (one square) in any direction..."

Do both move the same direction i.e. remain in melee contact, or can they move apart etc?

finarvyn

Re: Parry Movement (p46)

Mon 25 Mar 2024, 15:18

My interpretation is that both move the same. (E.g. you stay locked in melee combat.)
Marv / Finarvyn
Fell in love with Tales from The Loop, Vaesen, 5E LotRR ... Now hooked on Dragonbane, which still should be called Drakar och Demoner IMO. Played OD&D since 1975..

Fenhorn

Mon 25 Mar 2024, 15:57

They can move in whatever direction the parrying character wants to. It is a way for the parrying character to push an opponent away from you and for you to get a chance to get away or just to have the opponent being engaged with another character.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

d(sqrt(-1))
Topic Author

Mon 25 Mar 2024, 17:41

They can move in whatever direction the parrying character wants to. It is a way for the parrying character to push an opponent away from you and for you to get a chance to get away or just to have the opponent being engaged with another character.
Aha - so if I understand you correctly they can both move in different directions. If so that's good. Thanks.

Fenhorn

Mon 25 Mar 2024, 18:57

Aha - so if I understand you correctly they can both move in different directions. If so that's good. Thanks.
Technically, Parry needs to be a bit better than Dodge because Parry comes with a risk (you can break your parrying weapon). Also a bit cinematic, you shove your opponent away from you while you then step in a different direction.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

aramis

Fri 05 Apr 2024, 09:07

Technically, Parry needs to be a bit better than Dodge because Parry comes with a risk (you can break your parrying weapon). Also a bit cinematic, you shove your opponent away from you while you then step in a different direction.
Plus dodge is useful against more monster attacks. And ranged weapons.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...