Tobnac
Topic Author

Multiple roles on the road

Thu 07 Mar 2024, 23:04

Now, please forgive me, but I don’t understand some virtues in the game. Why is ’Memory of Ancient Days’ and ’Ways of the wild’ advantages when it comes to journeys? What have I missed?

A Player-hero can have multiple roles, except Guide, right? But a Guide can have additional roles, am I right?

Please, explain for someone that studied English at school for a few years, with teachers that sometimes actually were sober. My English is limited.

Harlath

Re: Multiple roles on the road

Thu 07 Mar 2024, 23:54

Memory of ancient days: you want the elf with this virtue to be the target of as many journey events as possible, as the get better events rolled (as they upgrade wild lands to border lands, and dark lands to wild lands, making the rolls favoured and normal respectively. That means less fatigue, better journey events).

Ways of the wild: the virtue is mainly for getting access to magical successes. But you get a kicker of being able to cover an extra journey well. Lets you get more use from this virtue and take advantage of rangers being good at all the journey skills.

Virtues are normally the only way for a character to have multiple roles, but the rules make an exception for small companies. P109 of the core rulebook. Normally players can only have one role.

Tobnac
Topic Author

Fri 08 Mar 2024, 01:00

Please forgive me, but where in the rules does it state that a Player-hero can only assume one role during a journey? (Keep in mind that my knowledge of English is limited.)
I just want to understand.
Now, please forgive me, but I don’t understand some virtues in the game. Why is ’Memory of Ancient Days’ and ’Ways of the wild’ advantages when it comes to journeys? What have I missed?

A Player-hero can have multiple roles, except Guide, right? But a Guide can have additional roles, am I right?

Please, explain for someone that studied English at school for a few years, with teachers that sometimes actually were sober. My English is limited.

Harlath

Fri 08 Mar 2024, 08:55

This is on p109 of the core rulebook, under assign journey roles.