DeusXLondon

Re: Xenomorph Swarm (house rule)

Sun 03 Mar 2024, 23:00

HI Angelman, Arthur
Thinking some more on this, I do agree that a straight-up, static loss table is very functional, I do prefer to act for both sides to maintain the drama.

Of course, the GM should calculate the NPC strength in am upcoming swarm fight beforehand for quick reference
Awesome toolset, thanks to you both!

As usual I like both ideas I see evolving here, for my Max Sandbox/Big Picture approach to my blended HoD/Building Better worlds/CM multi-year campaign. What I'd like to use is the quicker Arthur static table approach for 'random generated fights that happen largely as the party run away, don't really care about or just missed.' and then we could say go for the dramatic carefully calculated and semi-fair Angelman approach for the climatic cathartic scenes involving the party and well-loved/sympathetic NPCs?

DX

_ArthurDallas_

Re: Xenomorph Swarm (house rule)

Mon 04 Mar 2024, 03:44

I agree with Deus, do a mix of the two, an Angelman approach with details when the situations are more precise (more important NPC characters) and an Arthur approach straight to the point with the signature attack of the xenomorph swarm when they are random events.

P.S. Angelman, I love your latest comments and your latest approach.

Arthur.