Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Moria Alpha PDF Feedback

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 10:42

Hi!

Please use this thread to post feedback and report any typos or errors in the Alpha PDF of Moria™ – Through the Doors of Durin. Please note that some Landmark maps are works in progress and others are still missing. Also note that page references (xx) remain to be done, so no need to report them.
Please report your feedback no later than March 25.
Fria Ligan

Mahatatain

Re: Moria Alpha PDF Feedback

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 12:40

This is more of a question than a report of an error but is the intention to include any maps that are overhead views or floorplans that are suitable for use on a VTT? Possibly the "Landmark Maps" that are WIP.

At present the maps included are more to aid in theatre of the mind style combat when on a VTT and it would be great if there were actual floorplans as well for the key locations.

Shadenquest

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 13:40

Page 2-3, main map : the descriptions talk of 'the East entrance/ exit/ gate', at the place where Gandalf faced the Balrog and fell down the endless chasm. The compass shows dwarvish letters showing North is left, making 'East' up. But the map is left to right where they entered and exited? I know it said the maps are still being worked on, but i wanted to bring it up in case it wasn't intentional.

Also, when it says 'chamber of Mazabul' was where Pippin knocked the skeleton down the well, the top legend shows it in #12, but only on the side view map. I know everybody will want to find the places where the movie (and book?) Events happened, like me, so please don't forget to also add #12 to the top-down map so we can find the room with the well and the coffin. Thanks!

Dunheved

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 15:16

March 1st. Not a typo, but the label for the Roadwarden's Hall, B looks very much like the number 13 to my eyes.

Is there going to be no reference to Durin's Stone on the map: where Durin first looked into the Mirrormere (etc) ? Somewhere just outside the east gate.
Last edited by Dunheved on Fri 01 Mar 2024, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

Storpotaten

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 15:30

Not a typo, and not sure if it's whether by intent or mistake, but I found it a little strange that the "Overview" section on p6-7 doesn't list all the appendix topics, nor the Solo Play in Moria section.

CaptHaddock

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 15:32

Page 49, the Random Orc-band Generator: The Feat Die Table does not have rows for numbers 4 to 10. Are these missing, or should the penultimate row be for "3 - 10" rather than just 3? The example included suggests the latter.
Blistering barnacles!

Linklite

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 15:41

P191.

It says that your starting Readiness is 4.

It says your Readiness TN is 20 minus your Readiness. This should mean that your TN is 16 (20-4=16). However, it states that it is 17. Either I've missed something or there's a typo.

CaptHaddock

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 15:43

Page 54, second paragraph of the Orcs of Udûn section: "Udûun" spelt incorrectly with a second 'u'.
Blistering barnacles!

Mavelix

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 16:24

Hi,
A very good surprise today, thank you very much. Impatient to see Lotr5e version !

2 things actually :
1) on the Moria's map, I can't find loc 12 Mazarbul Chamber on the upper map.
2) Moria's map quality : a lot of compression artefacts, the quality of the map is very poor ! I hope it'll be far better for larger printing (A2+) in the final PDF version.
Regards

Krosselle

Fri 01 Mar 2024, 17:04

I'm sad to say, I'm really disappointed in the Food and Water mechanic. I understand some tables don't want to deal with this, which is fine. But for the tables that do, the given mechanic falls flat. Some added weight, which aligns with what I homebrewed in 1e is nice, and a good start, considering Journey supply's Load is removed from 2e. The fancy bad/good water table is nice, but it'll never be used since you brought water with you, why risk it?

I get it, TOR 2e is rules simple, but so is Alien RPG and it has a simple Supply mechanic for Food and Water for those that want to use it. Many handwave it there also, but at least the official mechanic exists for those who do wish to use it. For a game about traveling and going places where food and water may not exist, it feels like a big oversight.

Free League, Nepitello, Food and Water has been part of YZE games since the beginning, Mutant Year Zero, even in the systems loosely-based on YZE, please include at least an optional Food and Water mechanic that survival tables can use. Thank you for listening, and the Alpha is looking good otherwise!