TheRealMacGuffin
Topic Author

Delivery charges are insane

Wed 31 Jan 2024, 23:22

I recently ordered some Foundry modules and the Alien RPG Core rulebook off your website (FRIA157151).
The cost of the book and shipping were (in Canadian dollars): roughly $75+33.50.
The order was fulfilled by Whalebacker and delivered by FedEx.
I just received an invoice from FedEx for an additional $41.26 in duties, fees, and taxes.
Bringing the total cost for this one book to almost $150 CAD!!!

I could have bought the same book off of amazon.ca for $61 (including taxes, free shipping, and no duties)

Please do something about your egregious shipping costs. I will not be purchasing physical products off your website any longer.

Fenhorn

Re: Delivery charges are insane

Wed 31 Jan 2024, 23:41

Canadian taxes and fees are something that is out of FLs control I'm afraid. If you think that something has been labeled wrong or so (so the taxes and fees are wrong), contact support@frialigan.se so they can help you out how to proceed.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Bodo Proudfoot

Sun 04 Feb 2024, 14:08

Since there already is a thread concerning this issue, i would like to add, that i have seen myself often refraining from purchasing your books because of the incredibly high shipping costs (in my case to Germany). I want to purchase a book for around 35-40€. Ok, that's fair. But i am not willing to pay another 18€ or so just for shipping. That's crazy! I hope you can do something about this issue, because i honestly think it would positively effect your sales in a big way!

Boneguard

Tue 06 Feb 2024, 01:20

And regarding the brokerage fee that FEDEX/UPS/DHL adds, that's their decision and they can put in anything they want really for the service of using their importer account to custom clear your goods.

However, what they don't tell you is that you can refuse to pay these brokerage fee by custom clearing the goods yourself. That would require you to either :
1) register a business with Canada Revenue Agency and open an importer account, register it with FEDEX/UPS/DHLDHL and you will be responsible to pay the taxes and custom fees, However no brokerage fee will be added.
2) Go to the Airport/Processing center/wherever the goods arrived/are held and custom clear (eg. pay) them in person and thus also avoiding the brokerage fee.

Now unless you have a lot of import to make the registration fee at CRA worth it or have a lot of time to waste to custom clear in person, paying the Brokerage fee becomes the lesser of 2 (3?) evils and FEDEX/DHL/UPS knows it.

greger

Tue 27 Feb 2024, 16:20

Shipping is insanely expensive.

I checked now, for a single book, both Swedish and English version, either one, will kost 199 kroner in shipping to Norway.
That is for a book that costs 438,-

And that has NOTHING to do with an VAT or TAX or anything. That is just the act of sending the book to me.

I could buy it in a store in Norway for cheaper, even cheaper than before shipping, but then I will not be able to get the Swedish book.

EDIT: I am not blaming Free Leagure for this.