Alterangel
Topic Author

Machete Stats

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 02:49

I can't find any stats for the machete in the Rulebook. Is it considered a knife, small axe, or a sword?

Pangea

Re: Machete Stats

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 07:06

There are no stats for it, it seems.
For my players I went with Small Axe (in between Knife and Sword).
Playing in France, and online

Addramyr

Mon 29 Jan 2024, 18:31

What an oversight! (especially because there are a picture for the machete in the book).

I didn't play the game yet and I know it's not simulationist but when I read this table, I felt it was a bit off overall.

Basically, Gear bonus should be seen as 1/6th damage bonus since you have 1 in 6 chance to add +1 to the base damage.
It does have the advantage to increase the probabilities of getting at least 1 success though (with increasingly lower benefit the more dice you have).

So the way I see it, easier to handle weapons should have greater Gear bonus.
Harder to handle but heavy hitting weapons should have lower Gear bonus, higher base damage.
The table kind of do that, for example the Quarterstaff is a very easy to handle weapon and it's long, but low damage output : 1/+3. Makes sense to me, although I'd argue that the spear, being the most prohiminently used weapon in history, should probably be considered as easy to handle, if not more but moving on.

The small axe has exactly the same stats as the knife. The small axe should be the opposite of the Knife IMHO.
Knife is 1/+2 (should be 1/+1 imho), small axe should be 2/+1 as the crowbar (heavy, harder to handle), or even 2/+0
That would put the machete at 1/+2 (easy to handle, lower damage).

P.S. How come rifle butt takes 1 slot? Doesn't make sense, it's attached to the weapon which already takes 1 slot.

Godd4rd

Thu 15 Feb 2024, 14:42

I keep it nice and simple and use the Sword stats for a machete.

Fenhorn

Thu 15 Feb 2024, 15:57

Machete is a sword in other YZE-games, so it is in this game as well. Light YZE-games doesn't have crunchy weapon system, they have knife, sword, etc., not different types of knives and swords.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore