harald74
Topic Author

Re: I'd like FL to release more battle maps

Wed 25 Oct 2023, 16:00

I messed around with it a bit, but the results are usually strange.

SerotoninRonin

Thu 16 Nov 2023, 05:50

Hi All,

I'm SerotoninRonin and I make maps!
I've been producing maps for T2K for a little bit. My base style is quite different to the standard T2K maps however if there's interest I would be interested in producing versions of the maps I do produce in a more "RAW" style seen in the books.
- Typical countryside road, with detached houses on lots with narrow fronts towards road and narrow strips of farmland radiating out (see anywhere in Poland on Google Maps): I've made a map of this particular style before and have started revising it alongside some older ones to bring them up to date.
- An intact road bridge over a small river, important point to control and prime real estate for checkpoints: I have one of these already
- A steel mill i.e. like the one in Ruda Śląska. You can put it next to the railyard battle map from UO for additional industrial hellscape goodness. I don't have a steel mill but I have a factory map which is quite similar I could rejig easily enough.
- A typical small town square. Important for markets and gatherings, and also place where things can get out of hand and devolve into fighting. Done and done!
- An allotment area/koloniträdgård/działkowanie (like 51.74217819832496, 19.507067128651347) Important food-producing areas inside cities, also a maze of narrow paths, small buildings, hedges etc that make for an interesting environment to fight in. i'm not sure what this means. from the coordinates linked it looks like a suburb?
- Dilapidated palace now being used as a POW camp/HQ/secret lab, like the Dembinski Palace. There are quite a few of these around. Great for re-enacting 28 Days Later as well. I've actually already completed some work on Dembinski Palace though I'm probably going to revise it.
- Logistics/distribution center. Usually fenced-in, nice big buildings, some possibilities for scrounging but there might suddenly meet the new tenants while you poke around, because it's also a nice central location to set up shop. Should be pretty straight forward.

if there's interest I'll start producing the maps in the FL T2K style alongside my other ones.

harald74
Topic Author

Thu 16 Nov 2023, 11:02

Well, I'd be interested. I've seen your other maps and they are very good, but I have a hang-up about continuing my map collection with the house style of FL. I was a patron (patreon?) of TwilightMaps while they were going, and I'd support you if you'd put out FL style maps.

harald74
Topic Author

Thu 16 Nov 2023, 11:14

I'd still like FL to put out a map pack as well, though, and I have an additional suggestion: Include another counter sheet. For added value and added profit margins... :) I'd like some more mine counters now that BM has additional minefield rules, and a few more vehicles to cover those that are in the rules but have no counters (M151 Jeep, CUCV, GAZ-66, BV-206, civilian cars, trucks and motorcycles). And I'm missing emplaced weapon positions, there are even a couple of the encounter cards that have like an emplaced DShK and the like. Probably a couple of more environmental things like stacks of crates and barrels, foxholes and barbed wire.

SerotoninRonin

Thu 16 Nov 2023, 22:56

Well, I'd be interested. I've seen your other maps and they are very good, but I have a hang-up about continuing my map collection with the house style of FL. I was a patron (patreon?) of TwilightMaps while they were going, and I'd support you if you'd put out FL style maps.
Thanks and I absolutely understand wanting consistency of style for your map collection.

I'll play around this weekend and see if I can make some reproductions. I have started with some of the Urban Ops maps which is turning out pretty well at the moment.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/poll-map-style-93015636

rennarda

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 11:42

I'd like it if they released a digital asset pack so I could create my own.

harald74
Topic Author

Mon 22 Jan 2024, 15:47

Did you ever look into this, SerotoninRonin?

harald74
Topic Author

Tue 30 Jan 2024, 23:35

Woah, this concept could also be cool, FL: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ga ... ject_share

SerotoninRonin

Tue 02 Apr 2024, 04:39

Did you ever look into this, SerotoninRonin?
Hey there harald. I looked into it and at the end of the day while it'd be great to reach people who are more interested in this style I can't justify the time to produce another version different to the one I derive so much satisfaction from. I have started some efforts to move towards a simpler style overall and to achieve more consistency between maps for my Patrons and have some FL style maps for internal/Urban Operations styles this month. For the time being I'm concentrating on the Patreon and working on my Deadzone supplement "Deadzone Survival Guide" which is coming along nicely. Sadly the map packs on Drivethrurpg just aren't worth the effort of putting them up due to very poor sales.

Oddball_E8

Tue 02 Apr 2024, 10:00

You should check out pulpscape on patreon then... he does mostly the same style.