solohistorias
Topic Author

Issues with the official premium Foundry VTT modules.

Fri 26 Jan 2024, 22:44

Hi,
I am new with Foundry. I am starting my first world with The Walking Dead Universe Core and Starter sets. I have two problems.
First, there aren't any walker icons or actor sheets. Should I create it by myself? Is this normal? In a game about zombies, aren't there any actors for the main monsters of the game? Am I doing anything wrong, or is it a huge mistake from Free League?
Second, I cannot load the Atlanta map. It freezes at 98%, once and again. I have tried in different computers, disabling all the modules, and yet nothing. Besides, I can load much more complicated maps, such as the LA Central from Blade Runner. The Atlanta map is the only one, as of today, causing me such problem.
Any advice?
Antonio

solohistorias
Topic Author

Re: Issues with the official premium Foundry VTT modules.

Fri 26 Jan 2024, 23:37

Well. It works fine on Chrome and on Chromium, the free and non-invasive open-source version of Chrome.
It reminds me of the time when everybody was forced to use Internet Explorer, even if it was the worst and most dangerous browser; so with Foundry VTT and Chrome? :-(

Regarding the lack of walkers in the game, I will see how other people do it in YT, but it is very odd, in any case.
Is it normal that there is no walker actoror icon within the official resources of the premium modules? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Fenhorn

Fri 26 Jan 2024, 23:53

Well, foundry is based on chrome so that may be the reason.

When it comes to walker icons, there is a red zombie face icon in assets somewhere. It is used in some of the scenes.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

solohistorias
Topic Author

Sat 27 Jan 2024, 02:07

Thank you, but it really seems quite odd that they did not create a proper resource for what gives name to the very same franchise: the walking dead, and what's the enemy in one of the three types of combats in the game.
Anyway, I made the icons myself, but it's not the best experience to start with a Fria Ligan game in my life, to be added to the fact of their un-cheap prices.
Besides, I have bought a lot of books from FL directly but they don't offer even 1 miserable euro of discount for the VTT modules. I should pay again for the modules, even if I already paid for the physical books and pdfs, they said.
If in the end, it's me making the icons myself... I don't see the interest, really!
Thank you anyhow for your reply.