metacrust
Topic Author

Neomorph/abomination relationship COTG

Fri 13 Oct 2023, 15:49

In act 3 now in COTG, and some players are starting to become abominations. But my question is how do the neomorphs react to the abominations? Do they fight them because its a corruption like the xenomorphs do when they meet genetic deviation, or do they let them be?

Lappydore486

Re: Neomorph/abomination relationship COTG

Mon 16 Oct 2023, 04:08

I suppose that would be up to you, ultimately, but given that there's a pile of gnawed bones in one section of the Cronus (meaning something was eating something else), the generally-hostile nature of both the Neomorphs and the Abominations, and that the Abominations in COTG are mutants caused by exposure to the 26 Draconis strain of the pathogen while the Neomorphs are their own separate species derived from the baseline pathogen, I reckon there's a pretty good chance if both sets of creatures were running around they'd be likely to tussle with one another.

RetroPanda

Sun 14 Jan 2024, 20:51

I can’t remember if it’s stated specifically in the books, but the way I ran them was that Neomorphs treated the Abominations the same way as they treated Synths - showing little interest unless provoked/threatened.

Abominations on the other hand I played as being filled with pure rage and would attack anything on sight, including Neomorphs and other abominations.

dakes101

Sat 20 Jan 2024, 12:16

My approach has always been to play hard and fast with the rules and let the narrative unfold. In the latter stages of Heart of Darkness we had the party, mutations and Deacons all converging. I let the Abomination (still run by one of the players) follow their agenda, the Deacons going about there own thing (i.e. attacking the party) and watched as the players own agendas tore the party apart. An epic finale that didn't really need me to get that involved. "Do svidaniya Comrade, I will let the Party know you served with honour" Was the highlight of the game.
When the cursor starts blinking, it is already too late