Operations
Topic Author

Order FRIA150135 - Do we in fact have the items in stock at Whalebacker?

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 18:21

I placed this order on "Black Friday" November 24th. I have emailed support about it and after a long wait and back and forth, at least confirmed it is Whalebacker that will be fulfilling the order. Why did Free League stop working with Flat River, which after Funagain was actually prompt and competent?

So, I guess my question is, like back when I had this problem with Funagain letting Free League sell me a Forbidden Lands box set they in fact did NOT have in stock and waiting 5 MONTHS for new stock from the printers, is the delay on this order (some of which was meant for gifts this Christmas) because, in fact, Whalebacker told you that they had stock to sell they in fact did not have?

Sebbo

Re: Order FRIA150135 - Do we in fact have the items in stock at Whalebacker?

Sat 16 Dec 2023, 23:32

I placed this order on "Black Friday" November 24th. I have emailed support about it and after a long wait and back and forth, at least confirmed it is Whalebacker that will be fulfilling the order. Why did Free League stop working with Flat River, which after Funagain was actually prompt and competent?

So, I guess my question is, like back when I had this problem with Funagain letting Free League sell me a Forbidden Lands box set they in fact did NOT have in stock and waiting 5 MONTHS for new stock from the printers, is the delay on this order (some of which was meant for gifts this Christmas) because, in fact, Whalebacker told you that they had stock to sell they in fact did not have?
5 Months? You have got to be kidding me?! I ordered my stuff from Germany, but if this situation applies to all the other orders as well this is beyond terrible...

Lehto

Sun 17 Dec 2023, 02:01

Hello,
Apologies for the out-of-stock item. I have reached out to our distributor regarding your order now. Stay tuned for more info in a PM.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Daniel
Customer support

Operations
Topic Author

Sun 17 Dec 2023, 20:59

Thank you.

I understand these things can happen. I don't really blame Free League, but more Whalebacker for not being quicker to communicate these issues.

Operations
Topic Author

Wed 20 Dec 2023, 15:49

You mentioned in the PM you were trying to get what was in stock shipped, but I have yet to get a shipping notification from Whalebacker.

Can you confirm if this will ship and arrive before Thursday night, as we are flying out of state Friday and I'd hate for the box to sit out in the elements, so I would need to arrange a pickup by someone I know or the USPS to hold it until we get back.

Operations
Topic Author

Thu 28 Dec 2023, 19:30

Just to update, both the package from Whalebacker and the package from the 2nd distributor for the out of stock items in the US have arrived safe and in order. Properly packed and everything in both cases (so Whalebacker seems to be taking feedback on "more safe is more better packing" from their earlier orders this summer, which is good, they are trying to learn and improve which is a encouraging sign. Honestly, I'd like to see them shape up and succeed, they are essentially local to me).

Thanks to Lehto for the help!

Lehto

Fri 29 Dec 2023, 11:40

That's great news, thank you for letting us know!
Daniel
Customer support