Standforth
Topic Author

Moria Solo Mode

Mon 27 Nov 2023, 15:24

I saw in the Moria/Doors of Durin kickstarter that one of the (reached) stretch goals involved solo mode. Is it known if this will be part of the 5e package? I can't find where it says explicitly. I never played TOR but I understand there is a solo mode called Strider mode and the same people who wrote that are writing solo mode for the upcoming Doors of Durin. I'm trying to find out for sure if the kickstarter stuff will just expand Strider mode for TOR or will it also bring solo play to 5e Moria.

I have all the other 5e stuff and have already late-pledged for Moria, but I've never played TOR. I'd also be interested to know from this forum's users how enjoyable solo/Stider mode has been in TOR for those who have tried it.

decanox

Re: Moria Solo Mode

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 11:12

I don't know for sure since backers don't have yet the early access pdf.

But I keep in mind that there will be a solo mode for Moria in Lord of the Rings 5E. Nothing is stated on the KS page (for example like: "this feature will only be included in The One Ring") so I suppose there is a solo mode for both versions.

Of course, I suppose the solo mode would be only playable in a Moria Scenario (not in all the 5E version)... I suppose.

Standforth
Topic Author

Re: Moria Solo Mode

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 15:19

Well the text for stretch goal #12 starts with "Delve into Khazad-Dum by yourself" then it says "...for braving the dangers of Moria" so I am thinking whatever comes will be tailored for Moria like you said.

And you are right it doesn't say it is just for TOR, that's why I'm asking if anyone knows for sure.