Praetorian_1974
Topic Author

Starter set questions

Tue 21 Nov 2023, 14:08

Hi all, so i am preparing to start running the starter box campaign for TWDU, and I have a few questions:

- what is the map orientation for the orange tent map, and where do you start your PC's? looking at it I am working on the assumptions that the maps are all landscape orientation (rather than portrait) and the tent is on the top half and the players start bottom half. with the road running east to west.
- how far should you allow your PC's to move in a turn? if you start them at the bottom of the map its about 130-150 metres to the tent, if they are being stealthy I would be allowing them to move max 15m in the wooded area to the road - thats 10 stealth rolls if they are moving with caution which seems excessive given the chance there are walkers in the area or 30m if not being stealthy, but will up the threat meter by 1 if they roll a 1 on a d6 (if they want to charge through those trees breaking branches and tramping over dry leaves, they can run the gauntlet :D)

also a request for the foundry vtt modules - can we get a template walker for visual aid purposes? i have manually added one for now, but a template walker would be useful

Pangea

Re: Starter set questions

Fri 24 Nov 2023, 21:42

re. movement per turn and stealth etc.:
TWD only really uses rounds in combat.
I would imagine you could simply have one Stealth roll to see how things go… do they manage to approach undetected or not (vs. one every increment).
Playing in France, and online

Praetorian_1974
Topic Author

Re: Starter set questions

Mon 27 Nov 2023, 13:09

re. movement per turn and stealth etc.:
TWD only really uses rounds in combat.
I would imagine you could simply have one Stealth roll to see how things go… do they manage to approach undetected or not (vs. one every increment).
yeah I see how that would work - can you make it to the tent, or are you going to fail mid way rather than lock in you can walk 20m per turn, which would slow you down in the early stages

thanks for the pointer :D