JohanR
Topic Author

Re: Reforged Power 2.0 Alpha/Beta

Tue 17 Oct 2023, 19:18

Uploaded a new format of the files (pdf-a) on drivethrurpg, if you had problems copying text from the old files. I am unsure why there was copy problems, as they where not restricted. Use the ones that works best for you.

Dizzyfugu

Mon 23 Oct 2023, 11:21

Hello Johan,
a question regarding the Multiclassing option in Reforged Power. What's your opinion concerning the limit of Professions that could be learnt? The entry states "As long as you have at least 2 levels in each of another pro-fession’s primary skills, you are eligible to learn that profession’s paths." Would that allow "unlimited" diversity, as long as the skill requirement is fulfilled? I thought about the very similar Skill profiles of Fighter and Champion, for instance - when you are ready to adopt one of these, the other is very easy to learn, too, with a lot of beneficial "special effects" from the respective other Profession. WP will be the limit to take advantage of everything, though, and I think that's fine.

JohanR
Topic Author

Mon 23 Oct 2023, 18:54

no, I did not intend on any limit.
I don't see that as game breaking, as your characters that do NOT spend all xp on multiclassing, will probably be more powerful in the areas they go for... and as you said, gaining new ways to spend WP kind of has a diminishing value, as your WP resource is limited.

I agree that a Fighter+Champion is kind of an easy combination, as they share 4 out of 5 skills. It probably still takes some effort to multiclass them, unless you intentionally go for it during character creation. That a Fighter have an easier time becoming a Champion than a Peddler is something I though as ok, as it is kind of thematic that it would be easier? While a Peddler would have an easier time to learn sorcery than a Fighter.

The problem with Fighter+Champion, is rather that they are a bit too similar. I would rather have had them share less skills. A champion could perhaps have had some more focus on Wits and Empathy skills, but I try to not change core rules when it isn't necessary.

It at least makes cheesier combinations harder. Like druid is probably always good to multiclass into, but that is for most classes more time consuming to do.

Dizzyfugu

Tue 24 Oct 2023, 09:10

Thanks a lot, your comment is highly appreciated.