dkdi3983

Re: Bestiary Beta Feedback

Sat 07 Oct 2023, 23:48

Not an error per se, but a place where clarification would be useful: does a Hobgoblin (p. 8) get to make the WIL roll before deciding whether to use their Fearless ability?

In other words, which of these two is it?
  1. Make the WIL roll. If you fail, spend 2 WP to activate Fearless and succeed instead.
  2. Spend 2 WP to automatically succeed on the WIL roll without needing to roll at all.

Ommabad

Sun 08 Oct 2023, 06:37

Typo. Page 54 under forest troll's Overwhelming Stench. "..anyone who comes within 10 eters.."

The M in meters is missing.

Short Fey

Sun 08 Oct 2023, 10:59

The Coordinated ability for both Ant People and Guardian Demons could use some clarification. Do they pick their cards BEFORE or AFTER players draw their cards, or is it up to the GM to decide? And how do's it work in conjunction with heroic abilities like Lightning Fast? Because if it is the former, they could just pick to always go first (which would be a part of the danger i suppose).

EDIT: The Brook Horse Wild Ride attack, could clarify if the player character they have on their back suffer exhausted (or take another condition) at the start of their every turn on the Brook horses back, or if that only happens during the initial attack.

Additionally, could be a good idea to similar to the Mermaid and Naiaid give it the Aquatic to make it clear that it can breath underwater, sense it's description gives it that trait.
Beware the fey!

ghost_warlock

Sun 08 Oct 2023, 23:45

Not necessarily an error but, in case it matters, the vampire bats didn't make it into the Bestiary. Looks like all the other creatures from the original rulebook are represented in some fashion

parguello90

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 00:13

On page 4 of the English version, under Chapter 6 Beasts, Pegasus is misspelled as "Pegas"

Barbarianbob

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 02:22

I love the collection of creatures, but I am a little disappointed that the book does not contain rules for monster creation. Where do these stats come from? How are they generated? I think Symbaroum did this REALLY well, so I'm surprised to not have that here along with some encounter building guidelines. Maybe that's being saved for a GM guide? I love creating and converting monsters, so, i'm sad to not see that here.

The monsters look great though! :D

Barbarianbob

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 05:07

On the ogres "body slam" p. 10.
"...inflicts 2D6 bludgeoning damage (excluding the damage bonus)"

I'm assuming you don't use the damage bonus at all, correct? That's not like a "base" number before adding the damage bonus, right?

dataCobra

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 10:59

Hi,

I think it would be nice if the vampire transformation would also be explained in the box like it is done with lycanthropy.

Yeah the box for the vampire is pretty stuffed already, but I think this should be made more clear.

inkBot

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 14:36

I love the collection of creatures, but I am a little disappointed that the book does not contain rules for monster creation.
I came to the forums to ask/say the same thing. I was hoping that the monster book would have a chapter or section on monster creation. I like to tinker with monsters, and sometimes you just want (or need) something that's for the most part unique to your campaign.

Short Fey

Mon 09 Oct 2023, 20:09

Regarding the WIll-O-The-Wisp, it's lore imply that the Will-O-The-Wisp is a sphere of light dancing around. This dosn't quite match it's given image, where it appears as a humanoid carrying a lantern on a staff. This could perhaps be resolved by just adding a bit that while "active", it looks for a corpse that it reanimates to put it into a lantern. The flame itself is the actual Will-O-Wisp, but it needs someone/something to carry it around.
Beware the fey!