Mordante
Topic Author

Killing in cold blood..

Thu 05 Oct 2023, 03:44

..Gives you a stress point when you do this, but I'm uncertain as what actually counts as cold blood. For example doe's killing someone who surrendered to you who you'd previously been fighting with count?

Some examples of cold blood killing would be gratefully received.

Nilo

Re: Killing in cold blood..

Fri 06 Oct 2023, 09:32

..Gives you a stress point when you do this, but I'm uncertain as what actually counts as cold blood. For example doe's killing someone who surrendered to you who you'd previously been fighting with count?

Some examples of cold blood killing would be gratefully received.
As everything in this game, the rule interpretations must be based in the fiction. A good thing is to think of what would give you stress. Killing someone who has surrendered? Definitely. But the game will not give any clear line for when to hand out stress and when not to. Personally, I would ask the player if I am unsure, would this stress your player character? And if not, that would be something I would take interest in. Wow, the character is a real bad ass? Has she turned off her emotions completely? What does the other characters think about her murdering someone without showing any emotions? What happens in the group of NPCs. And so forth.

Mordante
Topic Author

Fri 06 Oct 2023, 11:13

Thanks for your reply. You made some very good points which have given me food for thought.

Pangea

Sun 08 Oct 2023, 11:40

Hi!
I would say that in general « in cold blood » means you are not carried away by emotions, that you are calculating.
That can be a way to help determine Stress or no Stress.
So, if you kill someone who just surrendered to you after you have been hunting them for murdering your family—and you are filled with rage… possibly/probably not in Cold Blood. Because you are carried away by your inner turmoil.
Playing in France, and online

Mordante
Topic Author

Sun 08 Oct 2023, 16:44

Hi!
I would say that in general « in cold blood » means you are not carried away by emotions, that you are calculating.
That can be a way to help determine Stress or no Stress.
So, if you kill someone who just surrendered to you after you have been hunting them for murdering your family—and you are filled with rage… possibly/probably not in Cold Blood. Because you are carried away by your inner turmoil.
That's a good way to think about it.