Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Your thoughts after first reading the rules?

Fri 04 Nov 2022, 19:00

Read the rules so far, and they are quite understandable and good written - typical FL quality!

The top three topics that came into my mind:
  • The initiative system is completely random. It can be fun, but it can also be depressingly if your opponent has two full turns before you can do anything.
  • The fact that the models have an facing arcs is very unusual for round bases and a B&B game. With the dynamic poses you always need a marker on the base to show where "the front" is. Leaves much room for discussion while playing.
  • The effect of the zone threats could be really harsh, couldn´t it?

Jizmack

Re: Your thoughts after first reading the rules?

Sun 06 Nov 2022, 00:18

Lane Shark card should only be included in scenarios with a lot of elevation terrain. Otherwise, it ends the game.

Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Sun 06 Nov 2022, 09:29

Lane Shark card should only be included in scenarios with a lot of elevation terrain. Otherwise, it ends the game.

That´s right, but ...

There is now way to get from one elevated point to the other without ending on the ground:
  1. There is no Leap or Jump action
  2. Climbing is movement + one up/down and Sprint just two horizontal movements

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 06 Nov 2022, 17:52

That's not our experience from playtesting. As for Zone Ghouls, please note that it only applies to Broken models (i.e. zero Health but not dead).
Fria Ligan

Damian

Mon 07 Nov 2022, 00:24

Personally I love the game in its all randomness and chaos. It's not cometetive and that's why I love it, once you take a grip on the rules it could be played in 45 minutes. Would love to see create your mutant option limited so people won't do meta lists which could break the fun in game. For example create shooting models with value 6 on shooting. I have enough cometetive games and aggression on the table when it comes to miniature Wargaming.

Our session ended by luck that only one model left the Battlefield before we draw last acid rain card.

AprendizdeBrujo

Wed 09 Nov 2022, 16:29

As far as a first read I think the rules are simple and look fine but as a MY:Z lover not having the option to build or custom my own mutants kills my attention, there's a ton of similar collectible miniatures wargames out there and I mostly enjoy the ones that give me the oppotunity to play with my own minis and build and tweak my bands/crews/whatever. I'm not saying the game looks bad, miniatures are cool and the rules look fun but as a closed game I would have preferred it being some kind of Dungeon Crawler.

Fenhorn

Wed 09 Nov 2022, 16:42

As far as a first read I think the rules are simple and look fine but as a MY:Z lover not having the option to build or custom my own mutants kills my attention, there's a ton of similar collectible miniatures wargames out there and I mostly enjoy the ones that give me the oppotunity to play with my own minis and build and tweak my bands/crews/whatever. I'm not saying the game looks bad, miniatures are cool and the rules look fun but as a closed game I would have preferred it being some kind of Dungeon Crawler.
Well, we don't have the full rulebook yet, only some core rules and a scenario. Didn't they say something about this in the yt stream or perhaps it was in an other interview :?:
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Deep_Impact
Topic Author

Wed 09 Nov 2022, 21:35

Didn't they say something about this in the yt stream or perhaps it was in an other interview :?:
Yes, Tomas said, that there will be conversion tables from RPG to TT, so you should be able to tweak your mutants:
https://youtu.be/mys_ZS6hzRQ?t=1663

I´m thinking to using the OnePageRules.

SharpeHimself

Tue 15 Nov 2022, 16:14

I am assuming the shark won't be able to push the attack so it is only averaging 1.33 damage per turn. It might take somebody out, but probably not unless they are already hurt. Admittedly I have only played one game so far but one of the robots with the scrap rifle (5 base +2 gear so 7 dice total but can push the roll). It hit Hugust for 3 damage on turn one and continued to break him pretty much every other turn as his team mates scrambled to revive him (their revival roll were consistently shockingly bad). So the Shark is probably not that big of a deal in comparison... Very random and swingy but that's quite fun really as long as you're not taking it all too seriously.

Byrax

Tue 29 Aug 2023, 07:31

Would it be possible to house rule/hack the use of a base mat with hexes instead of rulers etc? Any problems with that, based on the rules as written?