sergio.pasqualino
Topic Author

New Galveston

Sun 13 Aug 2023, 10:49

In the map I found a LV-178 named as "new galveston". Fact is The colony wasn't named new galveston according the timeline of the Rpg. Only few centuries after it tkakes the name (listen sea of sorrow, audio novel) when the mines and the colony is refounded. I

ExileInParadise

Re: New Galveston

Sun 13 Aug 2023, 15:30

I live near Galveston, TX ... and if the water on LV-178 is anything like the water near Galveston (thanks to the constant Port of Houston traffic) then the name "Sea of Sorrows" at least makes sense...

Galveston water can be fearsome until there's a good cleaning current event (like a tropical storm or hurricane) to push everything back into the Port/bayou or far out to sea.

Near the shore - the ocean water is mud brown. Once you get out a little ways there is a very sharp/pronounced line between the brown water and the ocean blue-green.

I stay out of the water and would eat nothing caught in it ... I just drive my Jeep all over the old Highway 87 route (washed out in a hurricane years ago) or head further out into the Gulf for deep sea catch.

Jeeping you gotta stay out of the protected wildlife areas and out of the dunes to avoid crushing and killing all the baby wildlife ... which has a 50/50 chance of going into the ocean or into the much better water to the northwest behind Galveston (which forms an ocean barrier).

So now I am thinking of an opening adventure act of kids out 4-wheeling, and the beach dunes exploding with xeno-corrupted wildlife chasing them...
We live, as we dream -- alone. ~ Joseph Conrad